Changchun-2 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Changchun-2 power station (大唐长春第二热电厂) is a 1,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Jilin Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Changchun, Jilin Province.
Background on Plant
The first two units of the plant were built in 1991 and 1992, with the newer four units built adjacent to the first ones in 2005-2007, as shown on Google Earth time machine.
- Sponsor: China Datang
- Location: 6898 E Huancheng Rd, Changshan Town (Changshanzhen), Qianguo'erluosi (Qian Gorlos) Mongol Autonomous County, Songyuan Prefecture, Jilin Province, China
- Coordinates: 43.883611, 125.393611 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 6 x 200 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: Unit 1: 1991; Unit 2: 1992; Unit 3: 2005; Unit 4: 2005; Unit 5: 2007; Unit 6: 2007
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "List of major power stations in Jilin province," Wikipedia, accessed September 2016