Charles T. Goodsell
Charles T. Goodsell, Professor Emeritus, Center for Public Administration and Policy, College of Architecture and Urban Studies, Virginia Tech, 2002 to the present. 
- Professor, Center for Public Administration and Policy, 1978- 2002 (Director of Center, 1986-1991).
- Professor/Associate Professor, Department of Political Science, Southern Illinois University, 1966-1978 (Director of MPA Program, 1974-1977).
- Visiting Professor at Cleveland State University, 1991-1992; Carleton University (Ottawa), 1986; University of Texas at Austin, 1978.
- Research Associate, Princeton University (located at the Brookings Institution in Washington, D.C.), 1964-1966.
- The Case for Bureaucracy: A Public Administration Polemic, 4th ed. Washington, D.C.: CQ Press, 2004. 1st ed. 1983, 2nd 1985, 3rd 1994, all by Chatham House Publishers.
- The American Statehouse: Interpreting Democracy’s Temples (Lawrence: University Press of Kansas, 2001).
- Public Administration Illuminated and Inspired by the Arts (Westport, Conn.: Praeger, 1995). Co-edited with Nancy Murray and author of Chs. 1 and 2.
- The Social Meaning of Civic Space: Studying Political Authority Through Architecture (Lawrence: University Press of Kansas, 1988).
- Planning a Council Chamber (monograph published by International City Management Association in 1883).
- The Public Encounter: Where State and Citizen Meet (Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1981). Editor and author of Chs. 1 and 13.
- American Corporations and Peruvian Politics (Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1974).
- Administration of A Revolution (Cambridge: Harvard University Press, 1965). Published in Spanish and Arabic.
Resources and articles
Related Sourcewatch articles
- CV, Center for Public Administration and Policy, accessed September 29, 2009.