Chipata power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Zambia and coal|
Chipata power station is a proposed 300-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Zambia.
The map below shows Chipata, the approximate location where the plant would be built.
In September 2018 it was reported that private company Black Rhino Group plans to set up a 300 megawatt thermal power plant in Chipata – Eastern province. Power will be exported to Mozambique and Malawi. The company will use coal from Mozambique to produce the power.
- Sponsor: Black Rhino Group
- Parent company: Blackstone
- Location: Chipata, Eastern Province, Zambia
- Coordinates: -13.645278, 32.646389 (approximate)
- Status: Announced
- Gross Capacity: 300 MW
- Projected in service:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source: Mozambique
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "CHIPATA TO GET 300MW POWER PLANT," ZNBC, Sep 17, 2018