|HELP CMD SHINE A LIGHT ON CORRUPTION!|
Thanks to a $50,000 challenge grant, your gift will be matched 1-to-1, so every dollar you give today will go twice as far!
Chris Matthews is the anchor of MSNBC's Hardball with Chris Matthews, Monday through Friday, 7-8 p.m. (ET), and host of The Chris Matthews Show, a "syndicated weekly news program produced by NBC News and distributed by NBC Universal Television Distribution." He is also a "regular commentator on NBC's Today show."
Matthews has also been a contributor to Jewish World Review.
Bush, Clinton and the First Amendment
On October 4, 2007, "at the 10th anniversary party for MSNBC's Hardball, host Chris Matthews criticized the Bush administration for trying to meddle in his editorial content," Think Progress reported:
- "After praising the drafters of the First Amendment for allowing him to make a living, he outlined what he said was the fundamental difference between the Bush and Clinton administrations.
- "The Clinton camp, he said, never put pressure on his bosses to silence him.
- "'Not so this crowd,' he added, explaining that Bush White House officials — especially those from Vice President Cheney's office — called MSNBC brass to complain about the content of his show and attempted to influence its editorial content. 'They will not silence me!' Matthews declared.
- "'They’ve finally been caught in their criminality,' Matthews continued, although he did not specify the exact criminal behavior to which he referred."
Related SourceWatch articles
- Columns: Chris Matthews, JewishWorldReview.com.
- "Bush White House has tried to ’silence’ Chris Matthews," Think Progress, October 5, 2007.
- "Hardball with Chris Matthews" at MSNBC.com; Chris Matthews's profile.
- Chris Matthews, NNDB.com.
- Chris Matthews and Hardball with Chris Matthews in the Wikipedia.
- Michelle Malkin, "Ambush journalism. My evening with caveman Chris Matthews," MichelleMakin.com, August 20, 2004.
- "Chris Matthews: 2005's Misinformer of the Year," Media Matters for America, December 23, 2005.
- Anthony Wade, "Chris Matthews Tied to Jack Abramoff, Credibility in Tatters," OpEdNews, January 5, 2006. Wade's article references the The Daily Kos which references this SourceWatch article.
- Nico Pitney, "VIDEO COMPILATION: Matthews Obsessed With Clinton Sex Speculation," Think Progress, February 28, 2007. re Hillary Clinton: U.S. presidential election, 2008
- Eric Alterman, "The Many Man-Crushes of Chris Matthews," The Nation, March 22, 2007 (April 9, 2007 issue).
- "The refusal to serve! Chris Matthews keeps trashing our Big Major Dems—and our big liberal journals keep dozing," The Daily Howler, June 4, 2007.
- Greg Mitchell, "Jon Stewart Dismantles Chris Matthews," Editor & Publisher, October 3, 2007.
- Jeff Dufour and Patrick Gavin, "Playing Hardball with the Prez. Matthews says Bush administration has 'finally been caught in their criminality'," The Examiner, October 4, 2007.
- Editorial: "An immoderate moderator," New York Post, October 6, 2007.
- Jamison Foser, "A 'terrible' performance," Media Matters for America, November 9, 2007.
- B Merry, "Chris Matthews (and MSNBC) has a pattern of defamatory talk," TaylorMarsh.com, December 18, 2007.