Christian N. Braunlich (also known as Chris Braunlich) was born in 1953 on Long Island (NY) and grew up there. He graduated from Hofstra University.
- in 1999 treasurer of the Alexis de Tocqueville Institution (AdTI) and later president of that organization until Ken Brown succeeded Chris in the middle of the year 2000
- Vice Chairman of the New York Republican State Committee
- member of the Fairfax County Republican Party's Executive Committee
- Chief of Staff to Rep. John LeBoutillier (R-NY-06)
- Assistant Vice President of Public Affairs for the National Association of Manufacturers
- Vice President of the Center for Education Reform
- Founding director of Hooked On Books!
- president of the American Library Institute 
- Vice president of the Thomas Jefferson Institute for Public Policy (www.thomasjeffersoninst.org)
- member of the Fairfax County School Board
- "Chris's Biography", www.chrisbraunlich.com
- "Clinton Plan for Student Discipline is Blueprint for Educational Disaster", by Chris Braunlich, The Colorado Gazette, June 25, 1999
- "Accountability Opposed by Teachers Organization", by Donna Garner and Chris Braunlich, Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, January 8, 2000
- "Opposed by Teachers Organization", by Chris Braunlich, EducationNews.org, January 22, 2000
- "Christian N. Braunlich, Biography", virginiavotes.net