Climate Hustle is the 2015 movie by Marc Morano of the Committee For A Constructive Tomorrow (CFACT). Morano is among the most prominent deniers of climate change, its roots in human fossil fuel use and the economic and natural impact that climate scientists have urged needs rapid mitigation.
The release of Climate Hustle is scheduled for December 7th, 2015 in Paris, France, as United Nations international climate negotiations are scheduled to take place in Paris (pending France's reaction to recent terrorist attacks). Morano is among a contingent of longtime climate change deniers who attend global negotiations on behalf of the oil, coal, gas and other industries that finance such organizations, such as ExxonMobil Charles Koch, and money laundering nonprofits such as DonorsTrust.
Several organizations that have frequently worked with CFACT to promote global warming doubt as listed as co-sponsors of the Climate Hustle premier in Paris, including The Heartland Institute, the Competitive Enterprise Institute, and the Cooler Heads Coalition. Cooler Heads is a consortium of organizations battling climate change mitigation, including the American Legislative Exchange Council, George C. Marshall Institute and the Heritage Foundation.
Climate Hustle was first announced at the ninth climate deniers conference in Las Vegas, NV, put on by The Heartland Institute. Marc Morano has consistently participated in Heartland's conferences, which feature virtually no credentialed experts in the field.
The movie was promoted again at Heartland's tenth climate denial conference in June, 2015. Morano's former employer, Senator James Inhofe (R-OK) received an award from Heartland.<ref>Dustin Drankoski, "Behind the scenes of the largest annual meeting of global warming contrarians", Mashable, June 12, 2015.
|Documents Contained at the Anti-Environmental Archives|
Documents written by or referencing this person or organization are contained in the Anti-Environmental Archive, launched by Greenpeace on Earth Day, 2015. The archive contains 3,500 documents, some 27,000 pages, covering 350 organizations and individuals. The current archive includes mainly documents collected in the late 1980s through the early 2000s by The Clearinghouse on Environmental Advocacy and Research (CLEAR), an organization that tracked the rise of the so called "Wise Use" movement in the 1990s during the Clinton presidency. Access the index to the Anti-Environmental Archives here.
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- Graham Readfern, "Marc Morano's Climate Hustle Film Set For Paris Premiere With Same Old Denial Myths", DeSmogBlog, November 12, 2015
- Laura Barron-Lopez, "Climate skeptics raising money for their own 'Inconvenient Truth'", The Hill, July 9, 2014.
- "Climate Hustle" Spoof website "Climate Hustler," DeSmogBlog, November, 2015.
- Jamie Corey, "Climate Hustle: Marc Morano's Latest Climate Change Denial Stunt", PR Watch, November 12, 2015.
- Matthew Kasper, "Climate Hustle, Latest Global Warming Denial Documentary, Set For World Premiere In Paris During COP21", Republic Report, November 13, 2015.
- Denier Database, "Marc Morano", DeSmogBlog, accessed November 14, 2015.
- Connor Gibson, "Get Rich or Lie Tryin': Climate Hustler Marc Morano", PolluterWatch, November 14, 2015.
- Gabe Elsner, "ALEC Climate Change Denial: Attacks on Climate Regulations and Clean Energy Solutions, Energy & Policy Institute, accessed November 14, 2015.