Coal Industry Advisory Board
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|
The Coal Industry Advisory Board was established by the International Energy Agency in 1979 as a forum for high level coal industry executives to influence The IEA states that it has established the Coal Industry Advisory Board (CIAB) -- "a group of high level executives from coal-related industrial enterprises" -- to "provide advice to the IEA on a wide range of issues relating to coal." The IEA states that the board normally comprise 45 members who "are drawn from 20 countries accounting for over 85% of world coal production. Members also represent major electricity producers, together with other coal consuming industries and coal related organisations." The Chairman of CAIB is J. Brett Harvey, the President and Chief Executive Officer, CONSOL Energy Inc, is the CIAB Chairman.
The IEA states that the board "is supporting the IEA in delivering its responses on climate change, clean energy and sustainable development, as well as advising on issues for coal relevant to world energy security."
Members and alternates
The IEA states that the members of the board and their "associates", or alternates, as of April 2012, are:
- Greg Everett, Chief Executive Delta Electricity; Associate: Mr. Justin Flood, Delta Electricity;
- Peter Freyberg, Chief Executive, Xstrata Coal Pty Ltd. Associate: Mr Mick Buffier – Group Executive, Corporate Affairs, Government and Industry Relations, and Sustainable Development, Xstrata Coal Pty Ltd;
- John Pegler, Chairman, Australian Coal Association Ltd; Associate: Mr Greg Sullivan – Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Australian Coal Association Ltd.;
- Doug Ritchie, Chief Executive Energy, Rio Tinto plc; Associate: Mr Alex Zapantis – Principal Adviser, Product Stewardship, Rio Tinto Energy;
- Jimmy Wilson, President - Energy Coal, BHP Billiton Ltd; Associate: Mr Ross Willims - Vice President External Affairs, BHP Billiton Metallurgical Coal;
- Fernando Luiz Zancan, Brazilian Coal Association;
- Robert H Stan, President and Chief Executive Officer, Grande Cache Coal Corporation; Associate: Mr Tom Pierce - Vice President, Business Development, Grande Cache Coal Corporation;
- Mark Plamondon, Senior Vice President Coal, Sherritt International Corporation; Associate: Mr Sean McCaughan – Managing Director, Business Development and Marketing, Sherritt Coal
- Dr Yuzhuo Zhang, President, Shenhua Group Corporation Ltd. and Chairman, China Shenhua Coal Liquefaction Corporation Ltd.; Associate: Mr Bing Lu, - General Manager, Department of International Cooperation, Shenhua Group Corporation Ltd.
- Petr Paukner, Chairman of the Board, Coal Energy Ltd. and DG, Carbounion Bohemia s.r.o.
- Seppo Ruohonen, Managing Director, Helsinki Energy; Associate: Kauno Kaija - Director, Helsinki Energy/Group Services;
- Alain Verry, Operating Vice President of Fossil-Fired Generation and Engineering, Electricité de France; Associate: Dr François Giger - Strategy Manager, Thermal Generation and Engineering Division, EDF;
- Joost van Dijk, Chief Operating Officer, Steam, E.ON Kraftwerke GmbH; Associate: Ms Maggi Rademacher – Performance Improvement and Operational Excellence, Steam Global, E.ON Kraftwerke GmbH;
- Dr- Ing Johannes Lambertz, Chief Executive Officer, RWE Power AG Associate: Dr Hans-Wilhelm Schiffer - Head, General Economic Policy/Science, RWE AG
- Joachim Rumstadt, Chairman of the Board of Management, STEAG GmbH; Associate: Mr Roland Lübke – Economic Affairs, German Coal Association (GVSt);
- Erich Schmitz, Managing Director, German Coal Importers Association; Associate: Ms Maggi Rademacher – Performance Improvement and Operational Excellence, Steam Global, E.ON Kraftwerke GmbH
- Bob Kamandanu, Chairman, Indonesian Coal Mining Association; Associate: Mr Supriatna Suhala – Executive Director, Indonesian Coal Mining Association
- Andrea Clavarino, Chairman, Assocarboni & Executive Vice President Coeclerici Group Associate:
- Yasuhiro Haba, Executive Officer and General Manager, Energy & Mineral Resources Dept, Idemitsu Kosan Company Ltd and President, Idemitsu Oil & Gas Co. Ltd Associate: Mr Yutaka Endo, Manager, Coal, Energy & Mineral Resources Department, Idemitsu Kosan Co. Ltd.;
- Hiroyuki Kato, Managing Officer & Chief Operating Officer, Energy Business Unit 1, Mitsui & Co.Ltd. Associate: Mr Takeshi Kakinuma - Deputy General Manager, Coal Division, Energy Business Unit 1, Mitsui & Co. Ltd;
- Masayoshi Kitamura, President, J-Power Associate: Mr Takenori Iwasaki - Manager, Business Planning Department, J-Power;
- Hyun-Chul Park, Managing Director, Korea East-West Power Company Ltd;
- Nina Skorupska, Chief Technical Officer, Essent NV; Associate: Mr Jan-Kees Hordijk – Manager, Concepts and Economics, Essent Business Development
- Don Elder, Chief Executive Officer, Solid Energy New Zealand Ltd. Associate: Mr Bill Luff – Group Manager, External Affairs, Solid Energy New Zealand Ltd;
- Józef Dubiński, General Director, Central Mining Institute (GIG); Associate: Dr. Ireneusz Pyka – Team for European Funds, Central Mining Institute (GIG);
- Vladimir Rashevsky, Chief Executive Officer, Siberian Coal Energy Company (SUEK);
- Steve Lennon, Divisional Executive, Corporate Services, Eskom Holdings Ltd. Associate: Ms Gina Downes – Corporate Consultant: Environmental Economics, Corporate Services Division, Eskom Holdings Ltd.;
- Norman Mbazima, Chief Executive of Thermal Coal, Anglo American; Associate: Mr Julian Beere – Head of Business Development & Strategy, Thermal Coal, Anglo Operations Ltd.;
- Xolani Mkhwanazi, Chairman, BHP Billiton South Africa Ltd. Associate: Mr Jarik Jansen van Rensburg, Resource Development Manager, Energy Coal, BHP Billiton;
- Angel L Vivar, Director of Energy Resources and Environment, Asociacion Española de la Industria Electrica (UNESA) Associate: Mr Antonio Canseco - Presidente, Fuelec S.L.
- Selahaddin Anac, General Manager and Head of Board of Directors, Turkish Coal Enterprise (TKI) Associate: Mrs Mucella Ersoy - Chief Engineer, Project Planning Department, Turkish Coal Enterprises (TKI)
- Milton Catelin, Chief Executive, World Coal Association; Associate: Mr Benjamin Sporton – Director, Policy, World Coal Association;
- Gareth Williams, Managing Director, Mining Division, UK Coal plc; Associate: Mr Tim Marples - UK Coal Mining Ltd.
- C. Thomas Alley Jr., Vice President, Generation Sector, Electric Power Research Institute Associate: Mr Stuart M Dalton – Senior Government Representative, Generation, Electric Power Research Institute;
- Barbara Altizer, Executive Director, Eastern Coal Council; Associate: Dr Carl Zipper - Associate Professor, Crop & Soil Environmental Sciences, Director, Powell River Project, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University;
- Gregory Boyce, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Peabody Energy Co. Inc; Associate: Mr Fredrick D Palmer - Senior Vice President Government Relations, Peabody Energy Co. Inc.
- Kevin Crutchfield, Chief Executive Officer, Alpha Natural Resources, Inc; Associate: Mr Hans Daniels - Vice President, Alpha Coal Sales Co., LLC;
- Robert H Gentile, President and CEO, Leonardo Technologies, Inc; Associate: Mr Ron Engleman Jr. – Vice President, Leonardo Technologies, Inc;
- J Brett Harvey, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, CONSOL Energy Inc. Associate: Mr Steve Winberg - Vice President Research and Development, CONSOL Energy Inc;
- Kenneth Humphreys, Chief Executive Officer, FutureGen Alliance Inc; Associate: Mr Steven F Leer, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Arch Coal, Inc; Associate: Mr Deck Slone - Vice President, Investor and Public Relations, Arch Coal, Inc;
- Stephen L Miller, President and CEO, American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity; Associate: Mr Ned Leonard - Vice President, Program Support, American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity;
- C. Wick Moorman, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, Norfolk Southern Corporation; Associate: Mr Donald W Seale - Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, Norfolk Southern Corporation;
- Michael G Morris, Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer, American Electric Power Inc; Associate: Mr Gary Spitznogle – Director, New Technology Development & Policy Support, American Electric Power Inc;
- Hal Quinn, President and Chief Executive Officer, National Mining Association; Associate: Ms Veronika Kohler – Director, International Policy, National Mining Association;
- Michael W Sutherlin, President and Chief Executive Officer, Joy Global Inc; Associate: Mr J Gordon Stephens - Washington Representative for Joy Global Inc., P&H Mining Equipment and Joy Mining Machinery.