Committee on the Present Danger/External Links
The following are Committee on the Present Danger/External Links. Be sure to see the article Committee on the Present Danger.
- Committee on the Present Danger at NameBase.org.
- Committee on the Present Danger, MediaTransparency.org.
- Edward Tabor Linenthal, War and Sacrifice in the Nuclear Age: The Committee on the Present Danger and the Renewal of Martial Enthusiasm (Chapter 2.
- Interview with Jeane J. Kirkpatrick including questions about the Committee on the Present Danger. Same web article also includes interviews with Richard N. Perle, Leslie H. Gelb, Mary King, and Lane Kirkland.
- Mark Shepherd, Jr., Texas Instruments, Member of the National Board, Committee on the Present Danger.
- Jerry W. Sanders, Peddlers of Crisis: the Committee on the Present Danger and the Politics of Containment (extract), Boston: South End Press, 1983.
- Grants from Scaife Foundations 1985-89 total $410,000.
- Committee on the Present Danger, PublicEye.org, Updated July 1989.
- Mike Moore, Apocalypse then, The Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, 1993.
- Philip H. Burch, Reagan, Bush and Right-Wing Politics: Elites, Think Tanks, Power and Policy: Part A: The American Right Wing Takes Command: Key Executive Appointments. Part B: The American Right-Wing, at Court and in Action: Supreme Court Nominations and Major Policy Making, Ideas.Repec.org, 1997.
- Daniel Brandt and Public Information Resource web site, A Brief History Of The United States Global Strategy Council, April 2, 1999.
- Jim Lobe, Hawks Take Aim at Iraq, fpif.org, November 30, 2001.
- William J. Bennett, Open Letter, Americans for Victory Over Terrorism (AVOT), March 12, 2002: "Our committee will model itself on organizations such as the former Committee on the Present Danger and the Committee for a Free World."
- American University American Weekly calendar announcement: "Thurs 31 Oct  Committee on the Present Danger 6-8 p.m., SIS Lounge, a former Pentagon official and member of the Committee on the Present Danger will share her unique perspective on such questions as: What was the nature of the Soviet threat? Was détente an illusion? Did we win the Cold War? Contact Drew Nickels at email@example.com."
- Tom Barry, PNAC'S Present Dangers As Blueprint for Bush Doctrine, PresentDanger.org, October 31, 2002.
- Jim Lobe, All in the Neocon Family, AlterNet.org, March 27, 2003: Norman Podhoretz, "like Kristol Sr. (Irving Kristol), helped invent neo-conservatism in the late 1960s. He and Midge Decter created a formidable political team as leaders of the Committee on the Present Danger in 1980, when they worked with Donald Rumsfeld to pound the last nail into the coffin of detente and promote the rise of Ronald Reagan."
- W. Campbell, Toking Up to Run The World, LiberalSlant.com, June 17, 2003.