Daniel B. Botkin
Daniel B. Botkin is an emeritus professor of ecology at UC Santa Barbara whose 2007-2009 writings express doubt about the future severity of climate change. He was listed among the December 2007 "Inhofe 400".
Botkin is a former board member of the Environmental Literacy Council, where he was described as president of the Center for the Study of the Environment and the author of numerous books. Earlier in his career, he did research at Brookhaven National Laboratory.
- A 2007-10-17 Wall Street Journal op-ed, "Global Warming Delusions"("...contrary to the latest news, the evidence that global warming will have serious effects on life is thin. Most evidence suggests the contrary."), criticized in Real Climate post "Global Warming Delusions at the Wall Street Journal"("Botkin argues for clear-thinking rationality in the discussion about anthropogenic climate change, against twisting the truth, as it were. We couldn’t agree more. Doctor, heal thyself.").
- A 2007-12-28 International Herald Tribune op-ed, "Science and Soothsaying"("...climate scientists have warned us again about the dire predictions of their climate models, a question remains: Will their forecasts come true?")
- A 2009-06-30 New York Times letter to the editor("I am shocked and affronted by Paul Krugman’s column 'Betraying the Planet.'...Contrary to Mr. Krugman’s claim that 'the fact is that the planet is changing faster than even pessimists expected,' most of the dire pronouncements are computer forecasts, not empirical facts.")
Articles and Resources
Related SourceWatch Articles
- ? (2007-12-20). Sen. Inhofe's 400 Scientists. ExxonSecrets. Retrieved on 2009-12-29.
- No byline (Undated). GMU Faculty B [1997-1998]. George Mason University. Retrieved on 2011-03-07. “Botkin, Daniel B., Professor of Biology.”
- No byline (Undated). Daniel Botkin -. Arnett & Associates. Retrieved on 2011-03-07. “Professor Botkin has been on the faculty of Yale University’s School of Forestry and Environmental Studies”
- Leslie Dinaberg (2005-03-10). Leslie Dinaberg's Articles. ?. Retrieved on 2011-03-07. “Center for the Study of the Environment was recently appointed by the U.S. Department of State to serve on the United States National Commission for the United Nations Educational, Scientific, and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)”
- No byline (Undated). Daniel B. Botkin. U.S. Department of State. Retrieved on 2011-03-07. “Daniel B. Botkin, President of CSE, is Professor Emeritus, Dept. of Ecology, Evolution, and Marine Biology, University of California, Santa Barbara...”
- Botkin, Daniel (2007-10-17). Global Warming Delusions. WSJ.com. Retrieved on 2009-12-28.
- David Archer (2007-10-18). Global Warming Delusions at the Wall Street Journal. RealClimate. Retrieved on 2009-12-28.
- Daniel B. Botkin (2007-12-28). Science and soothsaying. International Herald Tribune. Retrieved on 2009-12-29.
- Daniel B. Botkin (2009-07-03). Letters - Taking Steps to Fight Global Warming (the final letter). NYTimes.com. Retrieved on 2009-12-29.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|