Datang Dongying power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Datang Dongying power station (大唐东营发电公司) is a proposed 4,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shandong Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the proposed location for the plant at Dongying Port.
Background on Project
Construction began on units 1-2 in 2016.
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In January 2017 China's National Energy Administration suspended over 100 planned and under-construction coal power projects in 13 provinces, including Datang Dongying. It is unclear when or if the projects will be revived.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
- Sponsor: China Datang
- Location: Dongying Port, Hekou District, Dongying Prefecture, Shandong Province, China
- Coordinates: 38.113151, 118.910229 (exact)
- Status: Construction shelved (Units 1-2), Shelved (Units 3-4)
- Gross capacity: 4,000 MW (Units 1-4: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- 关于大唐东营“上大压小”新建工程用海项目的公示” 中国黄河口, 2013-09-27
- “大唐东营百万千瓦发电项目获国家能源局批复,” 大众网 2013-03-13
- “山东大唐东营“上大压小“新建项目环境影响评价项目公示,” 东营日报, 2013-08-15
- "大唐东营百万火电项目获核准," 大唐山东发电公司, 2015-08-11
- "大唐东营2×1000MW新建工程第四批辅机招标公告," 2016-11-16
- "山东大唐东营“上大压小”新建项目环境影响报告书通过专家评审," 2015-05-21
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017