Datang Tangshan Beijiao power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Datang Tangshan Beijiao power station (大唐国际唐山北郊热电项目一期) is a proposed 1,400-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Hebei Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the construction site for the plant in Kaiping District.
Background on Plant
Datang Tangshan Beijiao power station is a proposed four-unit district heating cogeneration plant with a total capacity of 1400 MW (4 x 350 MW) in Hebei Province. The first two units are proposed for completion in 2015, but did not receive clearance toward construction until June 2015. They are under construction and planned for operation in 2017.
Project suspended, then unit 1 revived
July 2017: Plant postponed by government
In July 2017 China's National Energy Administration (NEA) postponed or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling nearly 107 gigawatts (GW). 114 coal units totaling 65 GW are postponed for consideration until after the end of the 13th 5-year plan, in 2020. In addition, 71 coal units totaling nearly 42 GW were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. NEA said its goal is to eventually suspend or halt 150 GW of coal capacity during the 13th 5-year plan (2016-2020).
Datang Tangshan Beijiao power station Units 1-2 are among the postponed coal-burning units.
September 2017: Suspension lifted
After political negotiations, China's National Energy Administration (NEA) released an updated list of postponed and halted coal projects on September 26, 2017. The new list contained 151 units totaling 95 gigawatts (GW). Datang Tangshan Beijiao unit 1 was no longer on the list, but unit 2 was, suggesting unit 1 is not suspended.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
- Sponsor: Datang International Power Generation Company
- Parent company:
- Location: Xiaodaizhuang Village, Kaiping District, Tangshan Prefecture, Hebei Province
- Coordinates: 39.709727, 118.217675 (exact)
- Unit 1: Construction
- Unit 2: Shelved (postponed by government policy in July and September 2017)
- Gross capacity: 1,400 MW (4 x 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical with district heating cogeneration
- Projected in service: 2017 (Unit 1)
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "大唐国际成功收购唐山新区热电厂," Bohai News, 2012-02-22
- "唐山北郊将新建热电厂," Huanbohai News, 2013-01-26
- "大唐国际唐山北郊热电联产项目喜获核准," Datang International Power Generation Company, 2015-06-15
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12