This article is part of the Center for Media & Democracy's spotlight on front groups and corporate spin.
This article is part of the Tobacco portal on Sourcewatch funded from 2006 - 2009 by the American Legacy Foundation.
David Martosko is Executive Editor of The Daily Caller, a news organization in Washington, D.C.
He was previously director of research for Berman & Company. He has testified before the Senate Environment & Public Works Committee and the House Agriculture Subcommittee on Livestock, Dairy & Poultry. He has also spoken before FDA and USDA panels on seafood, obesity and animal agriculture, and addressed foreign police agencies on the topic of criminality in the animal rights movement.
CCF is an industry-funded organization and front group for the restaurant, and other industries. It is registered as a tax-exempt, non-profit organization under the IRS code 501(c)(3). Over 40% of the group's 2005 expenditure was paid to Rick Berman's public relations company, Berman & Co. for "management services". 
Articles & sources
- Animal Enterprise Terrorism Act
- Animal testing
- CCF funding
- CCF selected campaigns
- Hospitality industry
- Humane Movement
- Meat & Dairy industry
- Pharmaceutical industry
- Puppy Mills
- War on Animals
- U.S. Government's War on Animals
- ↑ The Center for Consumer Freedom, Form 990, 2005, p.3.
- Testimony of Jerry Vlasik, M.D.: Stop Huntingdon Animal Cruelty (“SHAC”) Eco-terrorism, U.S. Senate Committee on Environment & Public Works, October 26, 2005. (Includes comments on Martosko's May 2005 testimony to the U.S. Senate Committee on Environment & Public Works).
Articles & testimony by David Martosko
- David Martosko, Gourmet activists: Food for thought, Chicago Tribune, February 6, 2009
- David Martosko, "Mercury Risk? Scares mislead American consumers", Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel, August 14, 2006.
- David Martosko Label ruling for milk doesn't make sense, (Letter to the editor arguing against labeling hormone free milk), Columbus Dispatch, February 20, 2008
- Testimony of David Martosko: Environmental and Animal-Rights Terrorism and Its Above-Ground Support System, U.S. Senate Committee on Environment & Public Works, May 18, 2005
- Memo To PETA: Set Your TiVo, Center for Consumer Freedom March 16, 2004