Doctor Patient Medical Association
The Doctor Patient Medical Association (DPMA) and the Patient Power Alliance (PPA) work to repeal health care reform and call themselves a "a nonpartisan association of doctors and patients dedicated to preserving free choice in medicine." The organization is a member of the National Tea Party Federation and the "American Grassroots Coalition."
Ties to the American Legislative Exchange Council
The DPMA has ties to the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC). DPMA Chair and Co-Founder, Kathryn Serkes, has been on ALEC's Health and Human Services Task Force. According to an August 2013 ALEC board document obtained by The Guardian, however, DPMA terminated its membership on April 22, 2013, noting that ALEC had been "unable to reach contact; history of being late on payments."
ALEC is a corporate bill mill. It is not just a lobby or a front group; it is much more powerful than that. Through ALEC, corporations hand state legislators their wishlists to benefit their bottom line. Corporations fund almost all of ALEC's operations. They pay for a seat on ALEC task forces where corporate lobbyists and special interest reps vote with elected officials to approve “model” bills. Learn more at the Center for Media and Democracy's ALECexposed.org, and check out breaking news on our PRWatch.org site.
- Kathryn Serkes, Co-Founder and Chair (former public affairs and policy consultant for the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, during its litigation against Hillary Clinton and the White House Health Care Task Force, "and helping to spur the national coalition that lead to the defeat of the Clinton health plan")
- Amy Kremer, Co-Chair, "Patient Power" project (Chairman, Tea Party Express; Co-Founder, American Grassroots Coalition)
- Jennifer Hulsey, Co-Chair, "Patient Power" project (Co-Founder, American Grassroots Coalition)
- Derek Dye, Policy Analyst
As of December 2011:
- Mark Schiller, MD - Chair
- Twila Brase RN, PHN (Citizens' Council for Health Freedom)
- Patrick Conrad, MD (Founder, Doctors for Freedom)
- Jay Crutchfield, MD FACS (Asst. Professor, A.T. Still University)
- Roccy DeFrancesco, JD, CWPP, CAPP, CMP (Co-Founder, Asset Protection Society)
- Beverly Gossage (HSA Benefits Consulting)
- Joseph E. Gutierrez, MD, FACS (Medical Society District of Columbia)
- Michael Glueck, MD (Syndicated Columnist, "The Medicine Men")
- Adam Harris, MD (San Antonio Orthopaedic Specialists)
- Michael D. Ostrolenk, MA, MFT (Founder, Global Integral Strategies)
- Manuel Rosales (Director, The Latino Coalition)
- Michael Schlitt, MD, AANS (Co-Founder, American Society of Certified Medical Experts)
- James S. Turner, Esq. (Chairman, Citizens for Health)
- Marcy Zwelling, MD (American Academy of Private Physicians)
1908 Mount Vernon Ave., 3rd Floor
Alexandria, VA 22305
Phone: (703) 955-4978
Fax: (571) 921-4306
- Suzanne Hoholik, Group Predicts Savings from Health-Care Law, Columbus Dispatch, October 27, 2011
- Amy Kremer, Politico Arena profile, accessed December 20, 2011
- National Tea Party Federation, Membership List, organizational site, accessed December 20, 2011
- American Grassroots Coalition, MORE CITIZEN ACTIONS PLANNED THROUGH WEEKEND: Unprecedented TEA Party & Grassroots Coalition Aligns to 'Kill The Bill'; Rally Saturday at Capitol, Other Events Across Country, organizational press release, PRNewswire, March 18, 2010
- Doctor Patient Medical Association, Kathryn Serkes, organization biography, accessed December 20, 2011
- American Legislative Exchange Council, ALEC 40th Anniversary Annual Meeting Board Meeting packet, organizational documents, August 6, 2013, released by The Guardian December 3, 2013.
- Doctor Patient Medical Association, Who We Are, organizational site, accessed December 20, 2011
- Amy Kremer and Jennifer Hulsey, American Grassroots Coalition, Tele-TownHall with Sen. Jim DeMint: discuss the Debt Ceiling and the Cut, Cap & Balance Pledge, organization invitation, July 6, 2011, accessed December 20, 2011
- Derek Dye, Derek Dye, Policy Mic publication profile, accessed December 2012.
- Doctor Patient Medical Association, Advisory Board, organization site, accessed December 20, 2011
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|