Dondaicha Thermal Power Station
Dondaicha Thermal Power Station is a proposed 3300 megawatt (MW) coal plant in Maharashtra, India.
The project is located in Dhule district. The approximate location is shown below.
The project received an amended terms of reference in May 2011.
In January 2014 the company reported the status of the project as follows:
- As per Government’s directives, implementation of the project shall be done by forming a Joint Venture Company with NTPC Ltd.
- Land: Out of 943 H. total land requirement, land acquisition of 493.95 H. completed till October 2013.
- Fuel: Coal required for Unit 1&2 (Stage-I) will be made available from Chendipada Coal block, Orissa. Coal required for Unit 3 to 5 (Stage-II) will be made available from Mahanadi Coal block, Orissa.
- Water: Stage I- 40 MM3 water available from Nimna Tapi project on Tapi river. For Stage II- TIDC vide their letter no. 1555/2010 dated 03.04.2010 informed that additional 45 MM3 of water could be made available Nimna Tapi project on Tapi river.
- The Terms of Reference (TOR) is received from Ministry of Environment & Forests, Govt. of India on 05.05.2011. TOR validity extension granted by EAC up to 13.05.2014.
- Power Purchase Agreement: MERC vide order dtd. 29.10.2013 accorded approval to amend PPA dtd. 01.04.2009 with MSEDCL for addition of this project in existing PPA.
According to the India MoEF website (as of April 2015), the proposal was considered for environmental clearance in August 2014. The committee requested additional information.
As of December 2017 the project has yet to receive environmental clearance, and plans appear to be deferred or abandoned.
Sponsor: Maharashtra State Power Generation Company
Location: Vikharan, Methi & Varjhadi villages, Sindhkheda taluk, Dhule district, Maharashtra
Coordinates: 21.274722, 74.606944 (approximate)
Capacity: Stage I: 1320 MW (2 x 660 MW); Stage II: 1980 MW (3 x 660 MW)
Projected in service:
Coal Source: Stage I: Chendipada Coal block in Orissa; Stage II: Mahandi coal blcok in Orissa
Estimated annual CO2:
Source of financing:
Permits and applications:
- Terms of Reference Amendment, India MoEF, May 13, 2011
- EIA, Maharashtra State Power Generation Company, April 2014