Duc Giang - Lao Cai Chemicals power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Vietnam and coal|
Duc Giang - Lao Cai Chemical power station is a proposed 100-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant at the site of the Duc Giang Lao Cai chemical plant, in Lào Cai province, Vietnam.
The map below shows the location of the Duc Giang Lao Cai chemical plant, in Tằng Loỏng town, Bảo Thắng district, Lào Cai province. The coal plant would power that chemical plant, and would presumably be located in or very near to this facility.
In June 2017, Duc Giang - Lao Cai Chemicals Joint Stock Company announced plans to build a two-unit, 100-MW coal-fired power plant to power the Duc Giang - Lao Cai chemical plant in Lao Cai province, near the border with China. The company planned to issue $92 million in bonds to finance the plant. The project would be completed in 2019 or 2020.
The plant is intended to be run 7,200 hours per year, generating 720 million kWh/year. Of this, 12% is self-consumption by the plant and power supply is 634 million kWh/year.
On October 11, 2016, the Prime Minister issued Document No. 1778 / TTg-KTN on supplementing the project into the National Power Development Plan.
In April 2017, the company reported that it was breaking ground for the project. According to the announcement for the ground-breaking, the plant will provide electricity for the Duc Giang Chemical Complex in Lào Cai, which produces phosphorus and other products. Currently, electricity makes up 26% of the expenses at the complex.
Coal use is expected to be about 320,000 tons per year, sourced from Quang Ninh (expected type 6) or from China by waterway and road.
Construction is expected to take 24 months from the date of leveling, with completion expected in 2019 or 2020.
- Sponsor: Duc Giang - Lao Cai Chemicals Joint Stock Company
- Parent company:
- Location: Duc Giang Lao Cai chemical plant, Tằng Loỏng town, Bảo Thắng district, Lào Cai province, Vietnam
- Coordinates: 22.30574, 104.14455 (approximate)
- Status: Pre-permit development
- Gross Capacity: 100 MW (2 x 50 MW)
- Type: circulating fluidized bed
- Projected in service: 2019-20
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source: Quang Ninh Coal (expected type 6) or China, by waterway and road
- Source of financing: 30% internal capital; 70% loan of VND1,400 billion borrowed from Vietcombank
Articles and resources
- Hóa chất Đức Giang - Lào Cai khởi động kế hoạch gọi vốn 2.000 tỷ đồng cho dự án nhiệt điện, VietnamBiz, 12 June 2017.
- "LỄ ĐỘNG THỔ DỰ ÁN NHÀ MÁY NHIỆT ĐIỆN ĐỨC GIANG – LÀO CAI 100MW," DGC website, 3 April 2017,