Edward J. McElroy
Edward McElroy "was elected president of the American Federation of Teachers in 2004, having served as the secretary-treasurer since 1992 and as an AFT vice president since 1974, the same year Albert Shanker became the union's president. First as president of the Warwick Teachers Union and later as a state president of the Rhode Island AFL-CIO, he has been a leader in cementing teacher union ties to others within the labor movement. Having served as Al Shanker's right hand during the 1990s, McElroy is also an expert on educational and health care issues, as well as the fundamentals of labor organization and finance. He sits on numerous boards, councils and committees, among them the AFL-CIO's Executive Council. He is Chairman of the General Board of the AFL-CIO's Department of Professional Employees."
- Director, Albert Shanker Institute
- Director, National Endowment for Democracy
- Director, Catholics in Alliance for the Common Good 
- "Biography", Albert Shanker Institute, Accessed November 2006.
Resources and articles
- Directors, Catholics in Alliance for the Common Good, accessed April 16, 2010.