|HELP CMD SHINE A LIGHT ON CORRUPTION!|
Thanks to a $50,000 challenge grant, your gift will be matched 1-to-1, so every dollar you give today will go twice as far!
Emily Seidel is the chief executive officer of Americans for Prosperity(AFP), the Charles and David Koch's right-wing political advocacy group. Prior to taking that leadership role at AFP, Seidel worked as the director of operations at the GOP an aide for now-Vice President Mike Pence, and Vice President of Strategy for the Freedom Partners Chamber of Commerce.
Seidel took the helm of AFP in October of 2017. She had many Koch roles prior to taking this post. According to AFP, she was a board member and executive vice president of Freedom Partners Chamber of Commerce, and director of special projects at Koch Companies Public Sector.
Tenure as CEO of AFP
AFP, under Siedel, announced a $400 million plan "to protect like-minded incumbents while targeting vulnerable Democrats in key Senate races" according to NBC. Alongside AFP President Tim Phillips, Siedel looks to "target" Democratic Senators Tammy Baldwin (WI), Claire McCaskill (MO), Bill Nelson (FL) and Joe Donnelly (IN).
Connection to Mike Pence
- Jonathan Swan Leadership change at Americans for ProsperityAxios Oct 18, 2017
- KENNETH P. VOGEL and MAGGIE HABERMAN Mike Pence's Koch advantage Politico Aug. 28, 2014
- Jane Mayer The Daner of President Pence The New YorkerOctober 23, 2017
- Americans for Prosperity Emily Siedel organization site, accessed Sept. 2018
- Sean Lansing Champion Group joins Leah Vukmir’s U.S. Senate campaign press release, Jan. 3 2018
- Maggies Severns Tweet Social Media feed of Politico Reporter Jan 29, 2018
- Mike Memoli How the Koch network aims to prevent a 2018 Democratic wave NBC News Jan 29. 2018
- Congressional Record U.S. REP. MIKE PENCE FAREWELL SPEECH US Congress, Dec. 30 2012