|HELP CMD SHINE A LIGHT ON CORRUPTION!|
Thanks to a $50,000 challenge grant, your gift will be matched 1-to-1, so every dollar you give today will go twice as far!
Encounter Books is a publisher of conservative books. It describes itself as "an activity of Encounter for Culture and Education, a tax exempt, non profit corporation" - which describes itself as "an editor, publisher and distributor for books related to democratic society which have no traditional means of publication."
Books Published by Encounter
Encounter has published books by:
- Kate Coleman's The Secret Wars of Judi Bari: A Car Bomb, the Fight for the Redwoods, and the End of Earth First!, January 2005. ISBN 1893554740
- Michael Fumento, Bio-Evolution: How Biotechnology Is Changing Our World, Encounter Books, October 2003.
- Jessica Gavora, Tilting the playing field... her book was funded by the John M. Olin Foundation
- David Horowitz and Peter Collier, The Anti-Chomsky Reader;
- Frederick W. Kagan, Finding the Target: The Transformation of American Military Policy (2006)
- Robert Kagan and William Kristol, Present Dangers: Crisis and Opportunity in American Foreign and Defense Policy (2000)
- Myron Magnet, Manhattan Institute - The Dream and the Nightmare: The Sixties' Legacy to the Underclass (1999)
- Melanie Phillips, British columnist - The World Turned Upside Down: The Global Battle over God, Truth and Power (2010), Londonistan (2007)
- Ronald Radosh Commies: A Journey Through the Old Left, the New Left and the Leftover Left; and
- Debra Saunders The Hillary Trap and The World According to Gore;
- Wesley J. Smith, A Rat is a Pig is a Dog is a Boy: The Human Costs of the Animal Rights Movement (2010), Culture of Death: The Assault on Medical Ethics in America (2001).
- Roy W. Spencer, climate contrarian - Climate Confusion (2008), The Great Global Warming Blunder (2010), The Bad Science and Bad Policy of Obama's Global Warming Agenda (2010)
- Peter W. Wood, climate contrarian president of the National Association of Scholars - Diversity: The Invention of a Concept (2002), A Bee in the Mouth: Anger in America Now (2006)
Foundations that have supported Encounter include conservative foundations such as:
- John M. Olin Foundation
- Charles G. Koch Charitable Foundation
- Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation
- JM Foundation
- Shelby Cullom Davis Foundation 
- Philip M. McKenna Foundation
In 2003 the Lynde and Harry Bradley Foundation alone contributed $1,150,000 to Encounter Books from its "Intellectual Infrastructure" program.
- Roger Kimball Publisher (replaced Peter Collier in 2005)
- Nola Tully Director of Operations
- Cristina Guido Production and Acquisitions
- Lauren Powers Senior staff
Source: Encounter Books About Us page 
900 Broadway, Suite 400
New York, NY 10003
Toll free: 800-786-3839
Email: read AT encounterbooks.com
Contact Page: http://www.encounterbooks.com/contact/
Formerly in San Francisco
Former address, when Peter Collier was editor through ~2005 was:
- c/o Richard S. Gallagher
- 665 Third St Ste 330, San Francisco
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- Media Transparency, "Encounter for Culture and Education, Inc", undated, accessed December 2004.
- The Bradley Foundation, "2003 Grants Awarded: Intellectual Infrastructure", 2003.
- Mike Sweeney, "The Right Wing Attacks Judi Bari", undated, accessed December 2004.
- The Nation, "The 'Right' Books and Big Ideas, by Eric Alterman, published November 22, 1999, accessed December 2004.
- Bill Berkowitz, "Kate Coleman and Encounter Books take on Bari, Earth First!, and the 'dead-enders' of the environmental movement", DissidentVoice, March 10, 2005.