Ergene power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
Ergene power station is a proposed 170-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Tekirdağ province, Turkey.
The map below shows Ergene, the proposed location for the plant.
Background on Plant
Modern Karton has proposed a 170 MW coal plant in Ergene, Tekirdağ province. The plant will use imported coal transported from overseas locations (South America, South Africa, USA, Canada, Russia, Ukraine) to the port of Marmara Ereğli and then brought to the power plant by truck. The project would be located at the Eren Sanayi Campus in the Ergene 2 Organized Industrial Zone. The project will be carried out by Modern Karton Sanayi ve Tic. Inc., which is located near Çorlu in Tekirdağ province.
- Sponsor: Modern Karton
- Parent company: Eren Holding
- Location: Ergene, Tekirdağ province, Turkey
- Coordinates: 41.2408, 27.6967 (approximate)
- Status: Pre-permit development
- Gross capacity: 170 MW
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source: Imported and Domestic
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "EIA report," eced.csb.gov.tr, April 16, 2015
- "Ergene de Dehşet Plan," 4 January 2017
- "22 Mart Çorlu'da Termik Santral Toplantısı Yapıldı," Ergene Belediyesi, Mar 22, 2016
- "Ergene'de termik santral eylemi," Evrensel, Mar 23, 2017
- "Modern Karton," Eren Holding website, accessed May 30, 2018