Faisalabad Sitara Chemical power plant
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Pakistan and coal.|
Faisalabad Sitara Chemical power plant is a 40-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power station in Punjab province, Pakistan.
The satellite photo below shows the location of the project northeast of Faisalabad.
The 40 MW coal plant at Sitara Chemical Industries was inaugurated by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif in September 2016. The project will supply the chemical facility with excess power provided to the grid.
- Sponsor: Sitara Chemical
- Parent company:
- Location: Faisalabad, Punjab province, Pakistan
- Coordinates: 31.5229235, 73.3882226 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 40 MW (Units 1 & 2: 55 MW)
- Type: circulating fluidized bed (CFB)
- In service: 2016
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "PM inaugurates 40 MW coal-fired power plant in Faisalabad," DunyaNews.tv, September 3, 2016