Frank L. "Skip" Bowman
A biographical note states that prior to joining the NEI in 2005, Bowman, "served for more than 38 years in the U.S. Navy. He served as director of the Naval Nuclear Propulsion Program, the third successor to Adm. Hyman G. Rickover in that command, and was concurrently deputy administrator-Naval Reactors in the National Nuclear Security Administration at the U.S. Department of Energy. In these dual positions, he was responsible for the operations of 103 reactors aboard the U.S. Navy’s aircraft carriers and submarines, four training sites, and two DOE laboratories. Adm. Bowman also served as the Chief of Naval Personnel."
"He graduated from Duke University in 1966 and, in 2003, received an honorary doctor of human letters degree from the university. He completed a dual master’s program in nuclear engineering and ocean engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) in 1973," it states.
From his bio on the NEI site: 
- BP Independent Safety Review Board for BP refineries
- U.S. Chamber of Commerce Committee of 100
- National Energy Foundation, board member
- U.S. Energy Association, board member
- American Council for Capital Formation, board member
- Armed Services YMCA of the United States of America, board member
- Morgan Stanley Mutual Funds Board member
- BP America Board of Advisers member
- Institute of Nuclear Power Operations, ex officio director
- Electric Power Research Institute, ex officio director
- MIT Nuclear Engineering Visiting Committee, member
- Nuclear Electric Insurance Limited, ex officio director
- American Nuclear Society, member
- Council on Foreign Relations, member
- Management Committee of the Alliance for Energy and Economic Growth, member
- Women in Nuclear, member
- World Nuclear Association's Council of Advisors, member
- "Retired Admiral Frank L. "Skip" Bowman", BP U.S. Refineries Independent Safety Review Panel, accessed May 2008.
- Skip Bowman, NEI President and CEO Skip Bowman delivering a speech to LA Townhall", accessed May 2008.
- ADM Skip Bowman: In His Own Words", Undersea Warfare, Winter 2005, Volume 7, No2 2.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|