Fujian Hongshan power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Fujian Hongshan power station (神华福能鸿山电厂) is a 3,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Fujian Province, China.
An additional 2,000 MW is planned.
The plant is located near Hongshan, Shishi City, Quanzhou Prefecture, Fujian Province.
Background on Plant
Unit 5-6 expansion
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, further capacity expansions at this location appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
With no developments since 2015, the remaining proposed units of the power station appear to be shelved. In October 2018, the Fujian Province stated the province will not develop any further coal power plants in the 13th Five Year Plan period (2016-2020) with two exceptions: 1) projects which have already been permitted; and 2) combined heat and power (CHP) plants. Units 5-6 of Fujian Hongshan power station has no permits and is not a CHP plant.
Due to the restrictions, and with no developments for over four years, the proposed units 5-6 are likely postponed to after 2020, if not cancelled.
On August 28 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Shenhua Funeng Power Generation Co. 
- Parent company: Fujian Energy Group; National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Hongshan, Shishi City, Quanzhou Prefecture, Fujian Province, China
- Coordinates: 24.7272766, 118.7496944 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Units 1-4); Cancelled (Units 5 & 6)
- Gross capacity: 5,200 MW (Units 1 & 2: 600 MW; Units 3-6: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Supercritical (Units 1 & 2); Ultra-Supercritical (Units 3-6)
- Projected in service: 2011 (Units 1 & 2); 2015 (Units 3 & 4)
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing: ¥7 Billion （$1 Billion）
Articles and resources
- “福建省属国有电力企业经营管理呈现四个亮点,” 国务院国有资产监督管理委员会, 2011-08-15
- “福建鸿山电厂运维项目部,” 红河英才网, 2013-09-10
- “神华福建鸿山电厂项目获国家能源局批复,” 北极星电力网, 2014-08-04
- “中国神华和福能集团合资设立神华福能发电公司,” 北极星电力网, 2012-08-23
- "神华福建鸿山电厂4号机组正式投产," 4-20-2015
- "精品工程丨福建石狮鸿山热电厂二期2×100万千瓦机组工程--2016年中国电力优质工程奖"中国能建中电工程华北院, 2016/6/30
- "福建省鸿山热电有限责任公司," accessed June 2013
- “关注: 福建首台千兆瓦机组厂用电受电一次成功,” 中国能源报, 2014-03-03
- “神华福建鸿山电厂项目获国家能源局批复,” 凤凰财经, 2014-08-01
- "福建省人民政府办公厅关于印发福建省“十三五”能源发展专项规划的通知, 福建省人民政府门户网站, 2016-10-20
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage", Reuters (29 August 2017). Retrieved on 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company", Bloomberg News (28 August 2017). Retrieved on 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017
- "中国神华能源股份有限公司关于合资设立神华福能发电有限责任公司的公告"中国证券报, 2012-08-17