Fukang Yongxiang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Fukang Yongxiang power station (四川永祥股份新疆阜康热电项目) was a proposed 1,750-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China.
The map below shows the location of Fukang City, the approximate location where the plant would be built in Changji Hui Autonomous Prefecture, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region.
Background on Project
According to WRI's "Coal Risk Assessment" study in 2012, Sichuan Yongxiang Company was planning to build a five-unit coal-fired power plant with a total planned capacity of 1,750 MW in Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region.
However, since no further reports have been found to confirm that such a project is proceeding, it appears to be abandoned or shelved.
- Sponsor: Sichuan Yongxiang Company
- Parent company:
- Location: Fukang City, Changji Hui Autonomous Prefecture, Xinjiang Uyghur Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 44.156, 87.987 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 1,750 MW (Units 1-5: 350 MW)
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "永祥资讯", 永祥股份有限公司网
- Ailun Yang and Yiyun Cui, "Global Coal Risk Assessment: Data Analysis and Market Research," World Resources Institute working paper, November 2012