Gansu Electric Guazhou Changle power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Gansu Electric Guazhou Changle power station (甘肃电投常乐发电公司一期) is a proposed 4,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Gansu Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the proposed location for the plant in Guazhou County.
Background on Project
The 4 x 1,000 MW project was permitted for construction in August 2017. Construction started in September 2017. It is the peaking power source for Jiuquan Wind-Solar power base. It is also the supporting power plant for Jiuquan to Hunan UHV Transmission Line.
Planet satellite photos from June 2017 to April 2018 show construction progress on units 1-2.
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In January 2017 China's National Energy Administration suspended over 100 planned and under-construction coal power projects, including the second phase of Gansu Electric Guazhou Changle, totaling 2000MW. The second phase is proposed to postpone further development to after 2020.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
- Sponsor: Gansu Power Investment Co Ltd
- Parent company: Gansu Electric Power Investment
- Location: Guazhou County, Jiuquan Prefecture, Gansu Province, China
- Coordinates: 40.6599, 96.513 (exact)
- Status: Construction (Units 1-2), Shelved (Units 3-4)
- Gross capacity: 4,000 MW (4 x 1,000MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:¥11.8 billion
Articles and resources
- "甘肃省住房和城乡建设厅关于瓜州常乐电厂工程选址的批复," 规划处, 2013-12-31
- “常乐电厂项目进入实施阶段,” 每日甘肃 2011-07-06
- "重大项目建设简报：2014年第7期," 重点项目建设管理处, 2014-08-25
- "甘肃省1-4月份省列重大项目投资完成情况：风电5个、水电1个," 北极星风力发电网, 2015年5月25
- "投资118亿！甘肃电投常乐电厂调峰火电项目开工"BJX Power News, 2017/9/13
- "甘肃电投常乐电厂4×1000MW工程开工建设"Jiugang Daily, 2017-9-14
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017