Jump to navigation Jump to search
Georgia is a country that was part of the Soviet Union until 1991. It borders on Russia to the north and Turkey to the south. U.S. influence is increasing in the country and is of concern to Russia. The military in Georgia has been receiving U.S. support. The U.S. has invested heavily in an oil pipeline going through the country. 
- Eduard Shevardnadze - former president
- Mikheil Saakashvili
- ↑ Country profile: Georgia BBC, accessed November 2007.
- "Russia closes last military base in Georgia", EuroNews, November 15, 2007.
- "Georgia ends state of emergency", Reuters/International Herald Tribune, November 16, 2007.
- Georgia, National Geographic, accessed November 2007.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|