Ghorasal Power Plant
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Citzens groups campaigning on coal mining
Articles and Resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- "Ghorasal Power Plant" Global Energy Observatory.
- International Energy Agency, "Coal in Bangladesh in 2006", International Energy Agency website, accessed August 2009.
- U.S. Geological Survey, "The Mineral Industry of Bangladesh", reports 1994-2007,
- Chin S. Kuo, The Mineral Industry of Bangladesh: 2007, U.S. Department of the Interior, U.S. Geological Survey, December 2008.
- Mark Muller, It's Not Only About Coal Mining: Coal-Bed Methane (CBM) and Underground Coal Gasification (UCG) Potential in Bangladesh", Mines and Communities, March 17, 2009.
- "Coal sector", Energy Bangla.com, archive of stories.
- Open Letter: We Condemn International Oil Companies in Bangladesh and State Violence against Bangladeshi Activists
- People are now conscious of their ownership of natural resources. Anu Muhammad tells Shahidul Alam in an exclusive interview. Transcribed and translated by Rahnuma Ahmed. IMMEDIATELY after Professor Anu Muhammad, member secretary of the National Committee to Protect Oil, Gas, Mineral Resources, Power and Ports, was taken to Square Hospital, injured in police action on the committee’s protest march in the capital Dhaka on Wednesday afternoon, eminent photographer Shahidul Alam interviewed him on camera. Read excerpts. http://phulbariresistance.blogspot.com/2009/09/people-are-now-conscious-of-their.html
- Watch the interview online (in bangla): [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GvGSdI3WNSM
- PROTEST AGAINST OFFSHORE BLOCK DEAL: 50 injured as police charge into demo
- Bangladesh's untapped coal potential by Mark Muller with Roger Moody
- Govt report which terms Phulbari deal illegal goes missing
- Energy resources and security: what Bangladesh government needs to do
- Phulbari people use ballot to say no to open-pit mining
- UK government withdraws support for GCM's mining project in Bangladesh
- Campaigners demand UK coal company withdraw support for destructive Bangladeshi mine
- Overwhelming thumbs-down given to UK mining project
- Roger Moody, “Phulbari Coal: A Parlous Project,” Nostromo Research
- Bangladesh unveils renewable energy policy
- GCM Resources Plc shareholder report, year ending 30 June 2008
- Royal Bank of Scotland sells its shares in Phulbari mine scheme
- UBS replies to open letter to financial institutions investing in GCM Resources Plc and Phulbari Coal Project
- Reflections on Phulbari Coal Project, by Nazrul Islam, a former official of the mining company that abandoned the project
- Phulbari Day in Photos: Remembering the August 26 Martyrs
- Open letter to financial institutions investing in GCM Resources Plc Regarding the Phulbari Coal Project, Bangladesh, (110 organizations from 31 countries have endorsed an open letter to the private investors of GCM Resources Plc declaring solidarity with community representatives in Bangladesh regarding investment in the Phulbari Coal Project. The letter was sent to UBS, Credit Suisse, Morgan Stanley and Fidelity Investments.)
- ‘You cannot eat coal’: resistance in Phulbari
- Draft coal policy for Mine Bangla: Proposal goes to cabinet today
- ACTION: Letter Writing Appeal to Support the People of Phulbari, Bangladesh in opposing the Phulbari Coal Project, AID/WATCH launched the appeal to help the people of Phulbari by writing to Australia's Governor to the ADB, Treasurer Wayne Swan to ask him to show leadership by opposing this project within the Asian Development Bank.
- Price Waterhouse Coopers (PwC) annual review of the world mining industry for 2007, Price Waterhouse.
- Barclays sells shares in Global Coal Management
- UK government lobbies for ‘disastrous’ mine scheme
- AidWatch briefing paper on Phulbari coal project
- "US Cos Keen to Invest in Coal Mining in Bangladesh", Energy Bangla, May 28, 2009.
- "JS panel suggests speedy approval of coal policy", Energy Bangla, July 23, 2009.