Gillette Coal-to-Liquids Plant
Rentech completed a scoping study for this Fischer-Tropsch coal-to-liquids plant in conjunction with the Wyoming Business Council. As of October, 2007, this project is not listed on Rentech’s projects list, and it appears that the proposal is inactive.
Location: Gillette, WY
Capacity: 10,000 bbl./day
Projected in service: TBD
- Wyoming Minerals Update: Coal, Wyoming State Geological Survey, October 2005.
- Rentech website, accessed January 2008.
Related SourceWatch Articles
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Existing U.S. Coal Plants
- US proposed coal plants (both active and cancelled)
- Coal plants cancelled in 2007
- Coal plants cancelled in 2008
- Wyoming and coal
- State-by-state guide to information on coal in the United States (or click on the map)<us_map redirect="Wyoming and coal"></us_map>
- "Tracking New Coal-Fired Power Plants", National Energy Technology Lab, May 2007, page 22. (PDF)