Datang Guangyuan power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Datang Guangyuan power station (大唐广元发电厂一期) is a proposed 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Sichuan Province, China.
The map below shows the location of Guangyuan Prefecture, the approximate location where the plant would be built in Sichuan Province.
Background on Project
Traffic light policy
Construction has not started due to government policy announced in April 2016 that construction of some approved plants will be postponed until at least 2018, known as the traffic light policy.
January 2017: Suspended by name
In January 2017 China's National Energy Administration suspended over 100 planned and under-construction coal power projects by name, including Datang Guangyuan. The projects had a total capacity of over 100GW in 13 provinces. It is unclear when or if the projects will be revived.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
- Sponsor: China Datang
- Location: Qingjiang Village, Chihua Town, Lizhou District, Guangyuan Prefecture, Sichuan Province, China
- Coordinates: 32.333175, 105.578558 (exact)
- Status: Shelved
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 1 & 2: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "大唐广元火电项目筹建处简介", 中国大唐集团
- "大唐广元电厂新建项目(2×1000MW)工程环境影响评价信息公告(第二次公示)", 广元政府网, 2014-08-21
- "大唐广元火电项目一期建成后税收将过亿元", 能源发展网, 2014-05-14
- "关于大唐广元电厂新建工程环境影响报告书的批复," China MEP, 2015年02月13日
- "大唐广元火电项目一期工程进展顺利 年发电量可达90亿千瓦," 2015-03-07
- "获核准后 广元火电项目选择缓建," scdaily.cn, Apr 27, 2016
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017