Guarantee Trust Life Insurance
Guarantee Trust Life Insurance (GTLI) is an insurance company based in Glenview, IL that offers coverage for K-12 schools, community and junior colleges, universities, and other special risk clients such as athletic groups, camps, child care and special events. Subsidiaries are Cornerstone Senior Services and VantageAmerica Solutions, Inc.
Ties to the American Legislative Exchange Council
Guarantee Trust Life was a "Vice Chair"-level sponsor of the 2016 ALEC Annual Conference.
Marianne Eterno, Assistant Vice President of Government Relations, represented GTLI on the Health and Human Services Task Force of the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) as of 2012.
ALEC is a corporate bill mill. It is not just a lobby or a front group; it is much more powerful than that. Through ALEC, corporations hand state legislators their wishlists to benefit their bottom line. Corporations fund almost all of ALEC's operations. They pay for a seat on ALEC task forces where corporate lobbyists and special interest reps vote with elected officials to approve “model” bills. Learn more at the Center for Media and Democracy's ALECexposed.org, and check out breaking news on our ExposedbyCMD.org site.
GTLI sells several kings of insurance, including: Credit insurance, life and health insurance, special markets insurance, special risk insurance for schools and camps, VantageAmerica Solutions, Inc. and Seniors Choice group retiree medical insurance.
Guarantee Trust Life Insurance Company is a private company and does not publicize their SECs. Its website has the following information: $190 million in invested assets, $177 million in total liabilities, $131 million in total reserve for life policies and contracts, and accident and health policies, and $42 million in net surplus.
- Richard S. Holson, III - Chairman of the Board, President and Chief Executive Officer
- Joe DeMonte - Senior Vice President, Administration
- Barbara Taube - Senior Vice President, Finance and Chief Financial Officer
- Robert Baluk - General Counsel
- Jeffrey Burman - Vice President, Government Relations
- Arthur Fess - Vice President, Enterprise Risk Management
- Reed Gass - Vice President, Credit Insurance
- Allan Heindl - Vice President, Product Approval and Compliance
- Dick Jamieson - Vice President, Information Services
- Carl Leader - Vice President, Life and Health Sales
- David Meyer - Vice President, Special Health
- Mary Roberts - Vice President, Claims and Customer Service
- Barbara Sloothaak - Controller
- Dean Zivkovic - Vice President, New Business
- Marianne Eterno - Assistant Vice President, Government Relations
- Thomas Purtell - Assistant Vice President, Policy and Commission Accounting
- Blake Westerfield - Chief Actuary
Guarantee Trust Life Insurance Company
1275 Milwaukee Ave.
Glenview, IL 60025
Email: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- ↑ Nick Surgey, "ExxonMobil Top Sponsor at ALEC Annual Meeting," Exposed by CMD, Center for Media and Democracy, July 27, 2016.
- ↑ American Legislative Exchange Council Health and Human Services Task Force, organization website, accessed May 27, 2011. This page has been altered by ALEC and is no longer available.
- ↑ Guarantee Trust Life Insurance, Marianne Eterno, corporate staff profile, accessed April 13, 2012
- ↑ Products & Services,"Guarantee Trust Life Insurance Company", accessed June 2011
- ↑ Financial Information,"Guarantee Trust Life Insurance Company", accessed June 2011
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|