Gunipudi power station (STEAPL proposal)
Gunipudi power station (STEAPL proposal) is a proposed 1320-megawatt (MW) coal plant in Andhra Pradesh, India.
The map below shows the location of Pentakota village, Vishakapatnam district, the approximate location where the plant would be built.
Suryachakra Group applied for a new terms of reference for the project in January 2015.
As of December 2017 the company has not been awarded a new terms of reference.
Sponsor: Suryachakra Group
Location: Gunipudi/Pentakota villages, Nakkapalli mandal, Visakhapatnam district, Andhra Pradesh
Coordinates: 17.300117, 82.624386 (approximate)
Nameplate capacity: 1320 MW (Units 1-2: 660 MW)
Projected in service:
Estimated annual CO2: 7,806,085 tons
Source of financing:
Permits and applications:
- Terms of reference, July 26, 2011
- Terms of reference extension, Dec 19, 2013
- Form 1, India MoEF, Jan 16, 2015
Articles and resources
- "Proposed Clean Technology Based Thermal Power Projects," company website, accessed January 2012
- "Form 1," India MoEF, Jan 16, 2015
- "Proposed Clean Technology Based Thermal Power Projects," Suryachakra Group, accessed February 2012
- For estimation method, see Estimating carbon dioxide emissions for proposed coal plants in India