Binzhou Boxing power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Binzhou Boxing power station (国电博兴发电公司) is a proposed 2,000-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shandong Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the proposed location for the plant in Chunhua Town, Boxing County.
Background on Project
Since 2006 China Guodian and partners have announced plans for a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total planned capacity of 2,000 MW in Shandong Province, which was still reported as active in 2012.
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In January 2017 China's National Energy Administration suspended over 100 planned and under-construction coal power projects in 13 provinces, including Binzhou Boxing. It is unclear when or if the projects will be revived.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
On August 28 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: National Energy Investment Group (78%), SDEPCI (Shandong Electric Power Engineering Consulting Institute) (9%), PowerChina (8%), Xinda Construction Investment Development (5%)
- Location: Chunhua Town, Boxing County, Binzhou Prefecture, Shandong Province, China
- Coordinates: 37.27629, 118.330855 (exact)
- Status: Shelved
- Gross capacity: 2,000 MW (Units 1 & 2: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- “关于国电博兴电厂一期2×1000兆瓦超超临界机组工程环境影响报告书的批复,” 中华人民共和国环境保护部, 2006-09-20
- “国电博兴电厂2×1000MW工程初步设计预审查会议召开,” accessed September 2014
- “公司2012年十件大事,” 中国国电山东电力有限公司, accessed September 2014
- “国电博兴电厂项目突破建设瓶颈,” 北极星电力网, 2012-08-14
- "国电博兴电厂一期（2×1000MW）机组工程环境影响评价第一次信息公示," 2015-05-14
- "国电集团在鲁首个百万千瓦机组项目获核准," 中国国电集团公司, 2015-12-23
- "山东滨州市博兴县国电博兴电厂区域考古发掘工作全面完成"齐鲁网 2016-07-12
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage", Reuters (29 August 2017). Retrieved on 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company", Bloomberg News (28 August 2017). Retrieved on 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017