Hainan Southwest power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Hainan Southwest power station (国电乐东发电公司西南部电厂) is a 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Hainan Province, China.
The map below shows the location of the plant's site, near Foluo Town (Foluozhen), Ledong Li Autonomous County, Hainan Province.
Background on Project
On August 28, 2017, China's State-owned Assets Supervision and Administration Commission of the State Council (SASAC) announced that China Guodian Corporation and Shenhua Group will be jointly restructured. Shenhua Group will become China National Energy Investment Group and will absorb China Guodian Corporation. It will be the largest power company in the world by installed capacity, as well as the world's largest coal producer. The merger was completed on November 28, 2017.
- Sponsor: Guodian Ledong Power Gen Co
- Parent company: National Energy Investment Group
- Location: Foluo Town, Ledong Li Autonomous County, Hainan Province, China
- Coordinates: 18.5374504, 108.6827357 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1 & 2: 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service: 2015
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "海南西南部电厂新建工程汽机房基础桩基完工", 中国国电集团公司, 2014-06-03
- " 海南西南部电厂环保设计上接近天然气发电厂",新华网海南频道,2014-06-12
- "海南西南部电厂项目选址仍在论证和评估中" accessed June 2013
- "海南西南部电厂1号机组提前投产," 2015-08-20
- "海南国电西南部电厂#2机组锅炉冲管工作顺利完成," China Guodian, 2015-9-8
- "海南海事局关于海南国电西南部电厂5万吨级煤炭码头试运行开通使用的通告"海南海事局 2016-3-22
- "Factbox: Shenhua and Guodian - China's latest state marriage", Reuters (29 August 2017). Retrieved on 30 August 2017.
- "China Is Creating the World's Largest Power Company", Bloomberg News (28 August 2017). Retrieved on 29 August 2017.
- "China’s Newly-Established National Energy Investment Group Sets World Records in Its Sector, With Assets of Over CNY1.8 Trillion," Yicai Global, 11-28-2017