Halemba power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Poland and coal.|
Halemba power station (Polish: Elektrownia Halemba) was an existing 200-megawatt (MW) and proposed 440 MW coal-fired power station in Ruda Śląska, Silesian Voivodeship, Poland.
The map below shows the power station in Ruda Śląska, before it was decommissioned in 2012.
The construction of the plant began in 1943, organized by Nazi German administration of occupied Poland, and using forced labor from the Auschwitz Concentration Camp. After the war the plant was finished by the authorities in the People's Republic of Poland, and started operation in 1962-1963.
Proposed power station
In 2008 Tauron proposed a 440 MW coal-fired unit in Halemba, to be completed in 2012, but the project is not listed on the Tauron website and appears to have been cancelled.
The Halemba coal mine is a large mine in the south of Poland in Ruda Śląska, Silesian Voivodeship, 273 km south-west of the capital, Warsaw. Halemba represents one of the largest coal reserves in Poland, having estimated reserves of 120 million tonnes of coal.
Project Details of proposed power station
- Sponsor: Tauron Group
- Parent company:
- Location: Ruda Śląska, Silesia, Poland
- Coordinates: 50.2325, 18.851944 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Capacity: 440 MW
- Start date:
- Coal Type: Hard coal
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Resources and articles
- Halemba Coal CHP Power Plant Poland. Global Energy Observatory. Retrieved on 26 February 2014.
- Coal-Fired Plants in Poland - Slaskie. Gallery. Power Plants Around The World (18 February 2013). Retrieved on 26 February 2014.
- Ruda Śląska: Halemba jest wystawiona na sprzedaż - nettg.pl – portal górniczy. Nettg.pl. Retrieved on 2014-03-06.
- Grupa TAURON:. Historia Oddział Halemba. Tauron-wytwarzanie.pl. Retrieved on 2014-03-06.
- Elektrownia Halemba na sprzedaż - Serwis informacyjny. Cire.pl. Retrieved on 2014-03-06.
- Tauron wystawił na sprzedaż Elektrownię Halemba. wnp.pl | Serwis Energetyka. Energetyka - rynek energii. Energetyka.wnp.pl. Retrieved on 2014-03-06.
- "Vadis newsletter: Oct 13-19, 2008," cache of original newsletter accessed Apr 2014.
- Oddział KWK "Halemba - Wirek". Kompania Węglowa (2010). Retrieved on 2010-09-28.