The Hawthorn Group
The Hawthorn Group is an international public affairs firm that applies a grassroots, campaign oriented approach to corporate public relations.
The Hawthorn Group's clients include the American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity (ACCCE). "During the campaign a subcontracted PR firm, Bonner and Associates, forged letters from minority groups and sent them to Representative Tom Perriello (D-VA), asking him to oppose climate legislation. ACCCE members include American Electric Power , Caterpillar, GE and Union Pacific Railroad." 
For the ACCCE effort, in 2009 the Hawthorn Group's subcontractor Bonner and Associates sent forged emails aimed at influencing U.S. climate legislation.
In May 2018, Hawthorn was implicated as the contractor who hired Crowds on Demand people for artificial support at New Orleans city council of a controversial Entergy gas plant - and against solar and wind.
- Scott Barker
- Robert Bonitati
- David Buckley
- Jack Buechner
- Janice Chase
- Michael Coe
- Drew Hawkins
- Jerri Ann Henry
- Jan Hodgson
- Rex Kelly
- James Kiss
- Jason Owens
- Charles Petrosky
- Dennis J. Signorovitch
- Peter Stickles
- Harvey Valentine
- Christina J. Worden
Related Sourcewatch articles
- Astroturf (contains an account of the 2009 "forged emails" episode
- American Coalition for Clean Coal Electricity (contains an account of The Hawthorn Group's 2008-era work for ACCCE)
- Bonner and Associates
- Jack W. Buechner
- Guy L. Smith
625 Slaters Lane
Alexandria, Virginia 22314
- ↑ "The Politics of Climate Change", O'Dwyer's Magazine, Feb. 2010.
- ↑ Markey Expands ACCCE Investigation From Forged Letters to Lobbying Disclosures. New York Times (2009-10-26). Retrieved on 2009-12-12.
- ↑ Hawthorn Group, PR firm behind paid actors scandal in New Orleans, has long record of being paid by utilities to lie to the public
- ↑ Utility Paid Actors to Support Power Plant at New Orleans Public Hearings
- ↑ Our People, The Hawthorn Group, accessed February 2008.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|