Huadian Ankang power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Huadian Ankang power station (华电安康发电公司) is a proposed 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Shaanxi Province, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the construction site in Chihe Town.
Background on Project
In October 2015, China Huadian was permitted to build a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total planned capacity of 2 x 660 MW in Shaanxi Province. Previously, the project was scaled at 4 x 1000 MW. The units were previously scheduled to be completed in 2015.
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In January 2017 China's National Energy Administration suspended over 100 planned and under-construction coal power projects with a total capacity of over 100GW in 13 provinces, including Huadian Ankang. It is unclear when or if the projects will be revived.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
- Sponsor: China Huadian
- Location: Chihe Town, Shiquan County, Ankang Prefecture, Shaanxi Province, China
- Coordinates: 32.962562, 108.333671 (exact)
- Status: Shelved
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (Units 1-2: 660 MW each)
- Type: Ultra-Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Subbituminous
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "陕西谋求煤电装机容量倍增," 中国能源报, 2014年04月07日
- "陕西华电安康电厂一期2×660MW机组新建电厂工程正式开," HLFDW.com, 2015-12-31
- Ailun Yang and Yiyun Cui, "Global Coal Risk Assessment: Data Analysis and Market Research," World Resources Institute working paper, November 2012
- "陕西安康电厂获批开展前期工作 渝陕能源合作破题" accessed June 2013
- "安康电厂获批开展前期工作 渝陕能源合作破题", 中央政府门户网站, 2012-05-04
- "陕西华电安康电厂新建项目（2×1000MW）工程报告书", 池河镇人民政府网站, 2013-03-04
- "华电集团安康火电厂4×1000MW项目开工", 中国电厂化学网, 2011-10-02
- "华电陕西安康电厂项目获国家能源局“路条”批复", 国务院国有资产监督管理委员会, 2012-05-03
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017