Huadian Nanxiong power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Huadian Nanxiong power station (华电韶关南雄热电) is a proposed 700-megawatt (MW) coal-fired co-generation power plant in Guangdong Province, China.
The map below shows the location of Nanxiong City, the approximate location where the plant would be built.
Background on Project
Construction began in 2016.
Project suspended by central government
In January 2017 China's National Energy Board directed the Guangdong Province to suspend or postpone nine coal projects in the province, including Huadian Nanxiong, due to excess coal capacity.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
Satellite imagery from Planet, February 2017 to March 2018, shows construction clearly ongoing at the plant.
The units appear on a July 2018 central government list of units allowed to come online in 2018.
- Sponsor: China Huadian
- Location: Nanxiong City, Shaoguan prefecture, Guangdong Province, China
- Coordinates: 25.146766, 114.289638 (exact)
- Status: Construction
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 1&2: 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service: 2018
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "Huadian Power International Corporation Limited project approval announcement," Like News, June 1, 2015
- "华电韶关南雄热电项目(2×350MW)获核准," 韶关热电公司, 2015-05-29
- "广东华电南雄“上大压小”热电联产工程（2×35万千瓦）第二批辅机自主招标公告," 中国物资采购网, 2016-04-11
- "9个项目遭遇“禁令” 广东煤电投资刹车" 财新网北极星电力网, 2017-01-13
- "名单来了｜涉及11省共34台机组已移出停缓建名单！2018年分省煤电项目汇总表公布," 微能网, July 6, 2018