Huaneng East Hailar power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Huaneng East Hailar power station (华能呼伦贝尔能源开发安泰热电公司东海拉尔发电厂) is a 150-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant in Hailar District, Hulunbuir (Hulunbei'er) Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region.
Background on Plant
The three existing coal-fired units of Huaneng East Hailar power station total 150 MW. They were commissioned from 1983 to 2005. The plant is owned by China Huaneng. The plant's first two units have been retired.
Description of Expansion
Two additional coal-fired units at the plant, totaling 1,200 MW, units 6-7, were proposed in China's Twelfth Five-Year Plan 16 (2011).
2016: Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
Due to new restrictions announced during 2016 by the National Energy Administration and the National Development and Reform Commission, further capacity expansions at this location appear to be on hold or cancelled. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
Project Details for Expansion
- Sponsor: Huaneng Hulunbeier Energy Development Co.
- Parent company: China Huaneng
- Location: Jianshe Town, Hailar District, Hulunbuir (Hulunbei'er) Prefecture, Inner Mongolia Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 49.263058, 119.831353 (exact)
- Status: Cancelled
- Gross capacity: 700 MW (Units 6&7: 350 MW)
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "中国华能集团公司," 电气、电路考研试题, 2008-04-21
- "十二五规划16大煤电基地空冷机组项目," 三亿文库, accessed December 2014
- "华能东海拉尔发电厂2*350MW供热机组扩建工程进入可研阶段," 海拉尔区新闻中心, 2012-08-15
- "华能东海拉尔发电厂2×35融资投资立项项目可行性研究报告(非常详细)," Finance feasibility report, date unknown
- "华能东海拉尔发电厂2×350MW热电联产扩建工程环境影响评价报告（含地下水环境影响评价）的编制招标公告," Powercec, invitation for EIA bids