Huaneng Daba-4 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Daba-4 power station (华能宁夏能源大坝电厂四期) is a proposed 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, China. It is being built directly to the north of the six existing units of Daba power station.
- 1 Location
- 2 Background on Project
- 3 Project Details
- 4 Articles and resources
The map below shows the new units in Daba Town, Qingtongxia City, Wuzhong Prefecture, Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region. The new units are being built directly to the north of the six existing units of Daba power station.
Background on Project
China Huaneng is planning to build the Daba-4 coal-fired power plant with a total planned capacity of 1,320 MW in Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region. The company submitted an environmental impact assessment in August 2014.
It is planned for operation in 2017.
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In 2016 China's National Energy Administration issued "scale control" (coal-fired capacity limits) on particular "sending out" locations that feed ultra-high voltage (UHV) long-distance power lines, including Inner Mongolia (Xilingong), Inner Mongolia (Ordos), Shaanxi, Ningxia, and Xinjiang.
As of January 2017, the affected area includes this power station, which may be scaled down as a result. For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
2017: Plant postponed by government
In July 2017, the NEA released the "Guideline of Supply-Side Reform of the Coal Power Bubble". The Guideline included a draft list which slowed down or halted 185 coal-burning units across 21 provinces, totaling 107 GW. 114 coal units (65 GW) are ordered to slow down the construction progress during 2017 to 2020, and are not allowed to connect to the grid in 2017. In addition, 71 coal units (42 GW) were halted indefinitely for regulation violations. The list partly overlapped with the projects listed in the January NEA letter to 13 provinces.
For more information, see China's 2016/2017 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
March 2018: Construction continues
Despite the restrictions applied to the project in July and September of 2017, satellite photos from Planet of 37.9916691, 105.9247833 as well as archival photos from Google Earth show that substantial construction occurred during the period from July 2017 to March 2018, including construction after December 2017.
- Sponsor: Huaneng Ningxia Energy
- Parent company: China Huaneng & Zhejiang Energy
- Location: Daba Town (Dabazhen), Qingtongxia City, Wuzhong Prefecture, Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region, China
- Coordinates: 37.9916691, 105.9247833 (exact)
- Status: Construction
- Gross capacity: 1,320 MW (2 x 660 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "曹培玺胡式海拜会宁夏自治区领导" accessed June 2013
- "华能宁夏大坝电厂四期2×660MW工程环境影响评价公众参与公示", 宁夏环境保护网, 2014-08-04
- "关于华能宁夏大坝电厂四期工程环境影响报告书的批复," China MEP, 2015年01月28日
- "关于华能宁夏大坝电厂四期项目核准的批复"Ningxia DRC, 2015-11-30
- "华能宁夏大坝电厂四期2×660兆瓦工程开工建设," 2015-11-10
- "我院中标华能宁夏大坝电厂四期2×660MW机组工程勘察设计," 2014/9/2
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017
- "16部委联合发文防范化解煤电产能过剩风险," Sohu.com, 2017-08-03
- "2017年分省煤电停建和缓建项目名单," Sohu, 2017-10-12