Huaneng Zhengning power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Huaneng Zhengning power station (华能甘肃能源正宁电厂) is a proposed 1,320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Gansu Province, China.
Longer-term plans call for an additional 2,000 MW.
The undated satellite photo below shows the proposed location for the plant in Zhengning County.
Background on Project
An additional 2,000 MW has been proposed but has yet to seek permitting. In the "13th 5-year Energy Development Plan for Gansu Province", issued in September 2017, the second phase of Zhengning power plant is a back-up supporting coal power plant for the Eastern Gansu UHV transmission line.
Nationwide Restrictions Imposed on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity
In January 2017 China's National Energy Administration suspended over 100 planned and under-construction coal power projects, including Huaneng Zhengning. It is unclear when or if the projects will be revived.
For details, see China's 2016 Restrictions on Development of Coal-Fired Power Capacity.
- Sponsor: Huaneng Gansu Energy Development Co
- Parent company: China Huaneng
- Location: Zhuozitou Village, Zhoujia Town, Zhengning County, Qingyang Prefecture, Gansu Province, China
- Coordinates: 35.268403, 107.975564 (exact)
- Status: Shelved
- Gross capacity: Phase I: 1,320 MW (Units 1 & 2: 660 MW); Phase II: 2,000 MW (Units 3 & 4: 1,000 MW)
- Type: Ultra-Supercritical
- Projected in service:
- Coal type:
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Ailun Yang and Yiyun Cui, "Global Coal Risk Assessment: Data Analysis and Market Research," World Resources Institute working paper, November 2012
- "华能正宁电厂一期（2×660MW）环境影响报告书（简本)"MEP.org, 2013-11-1
- "关于华能正宁电厂一期（2×660MW）工程环境影响报告书的批复," Ministry of Environmental Protection, March 11, 2014
- "华能正宁电厂二期2×1000MW机组可行性研究招标公告," powerbidding.cn, 2014-9-27
- "《甘肃省人民政府办公厅关于印发甘肃省“十三五”能源发展规划》的通知"Gansu Gov Office, 2017-09-12
- "能源局下发13省市新建火电机组停建清单(附文件)," Polaris, Jan 16, 2017