Huckaby Davis Lisker
Huckaby Davis Lisker (HDL), formerly known as Huckaby Davis & Associates, is an Alexandria, Virginia-based political accounting firm representing political action committees for Republican Party candidates and entities.
Bush-Cheney '04 Inc.
Republican Party / Republican National Committee
Republican National Conventions
Rightroots / ABC Pac Inc.
Keith A. Davis of Huckaby Davis Lisker is listed as designated agent and "Asst. Treasurer" for Rightroots, the 527 committee launched August 1, 2006, by ABC Pac Inc. The PAC's mailing address is the same as that for HDL.
PoliticalMoneyLine reported April 11, 2006, that "Lisa Lisker of Keith Davis' firm registered ABC PAC Inc, Midwest ROMP (joint fundraiser), and National Assn of Independent Life Brokerage Agencies" as new 527 committees.
Stronger New York PAC
On April 3, 2006, Davis, who is Treasurer of Senator John McCain's Straight Talk America PAC, set up the Stronger New York PAC, "a new 527 outfit for 'support of Republican candidates in New York,' according to politicalmoneyline.com," E.J. Kessler reported in Forward. The PAC's address is listed as 355 Lexington Ave, Suite 1001, New York, NY, which is the "address of the fundraising firm of Cathy Blaney & Associates," George Pataki's fundraiser, Kessler wrote.
- "The GOP gubernatorial hopeful created the state-level PAC to provide cash to Assembly and Senate candidates who 'have the same issues Bill does, get them elected and bring them to Albany with Bill,' according to Weld campaign managed Walter Breakell.
- "The confusion arose due to Davis’ connection to McCain and also the fact that the address of the PAC - 335 Lexington Ave. Suite 1001, NY, NY, is the address of Cathy Blaney & Associates - who raises money for both Weld and Gov. George Pataki, among others.
- "Blaney uses Davis, a partner in the Virginia-based political accounting firm of Huckaby Davis & Associates, frequently. He’s also the treasurer of Pataki’s federal 21st Century Freedom PAC and former U.S. Rep. Rick Lazio’s Rough Rider PAC."
Other Clients & PACs
Some of the following PACs also use HDL's Alexandria, Virginia, address:
Huckaby Davis & Associates:
Huckaby Davis Lisker:
- Joint Committee Treasurer for "19 such" joint fundraising committees (JFCs) which represent both the Republican candidate and Republican Party committee. For example, Davis represents JFCs for Mike DeWine Victory 2006 PAC / Ohio Republican Party State Central & Executive Committee and those for Senators Lincoln Chafee and Rick Santorum 
- Treasurer for Katherine Harris's Friends of Katherine Harris PAC
- Treasurer for Lamar Alexander's Alexander for Senate Inc. and Alexander for Senate 2008 Inc. PACs
- Treasurer for Washington Second District Victory Committee and the Washington-U.S. Senate Victory Committee PACs 
- Treasurer for Michelle Bachmann's Bachmann Victory Committee PAC; Lisker as Designated Agent 
- Treasurer for Americans for a Better Country PAC (Lisker, Asst. Treasurer) 
- Contact for 21st Century Freedom PAC, Leadership for America's Future PAC, and Tenn PAC 
- Custodian of records for Republican Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert's KOMPAC (Keep Our Majority Political Action Committee) 
- Treasurer for Gordon H. Smith's Friends of Gordon Smith and Gordon Smith for US Senate 2002 Inc PACs 
- Treasurer for Impact America PAC which contributed to these candidates (including George W. Bush) 
- Treasurer for All Children Matter, Inc. (Louisiana State PAC) (Richard Sharp, Betsy DeVos, and Gregory Brock, directors)
- Treasurer for Team Texas Committee PAC 
- Contact for Purdue Pharma Inc PAC 
Huckaby Davis Lisker
228 South Washington Street
Alexandria, Virginia 22314
Phone 703 549-7705
Related SourceWatch Resources
- Donatelli Group
- U.S. congressional elections in 2006
- U.S. presidential election, 2004
- U.S. presidential election, 2008
- FEC Advisory Opinion 2003-37: Americans for a Better Country, 2003.
- Meredith O'Brien, Report: "Spending Spree. Where does the GOP spend its convention loot?" Center for Public Integrity, 2006.
- "Weld Starts PAC For State Legislative Candidates" and "Pataki Fundraiser Not Joining McCain," News Copy New York, April 6, 2006.
- E.J. Kessler, "Pataki Out in '08? Throws Support Behind McCain?" Forward, April 6, 2006.
- Elizabeth Benjamin, "McCain/Pataki Myth DeBunked," TimesUnion Blog (Albany, NY), April 6, 2006.
- Christy Setzer, "McCain blasts 527 groups, then his treasurer sets up a 527 group," SenateMajority.com, April 7, 2006.
- Eric Hananoki, "The Party Never Ends for Katherine Harris," Midwest Values PAC.org, June 20, 2006.
- John Bresnahan, "Vehicle for Donations Questioned," Roll Call (Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington), July 18, 2006.
- Jon Gambrell, "Taxpayers subsidize Cheney GOP rallies. Roulstone, McGavick's $15K covers fraction of trip's cost," The Bellingham Herald (WA), July 18, 2006.
- Steven Koff, "DeWine committee disagrees with FEC edict," Cleveland Plain Dealer, August 1, 2006.