The Impeach07 Campaign launch was announced on February 22, 2007, by Democrats.com. The impeachment movement is "uniting and expanding", according to a mass emailing. "Democrats.com is joining with many other organizations to launch Impeach07, a coordinated series of nationwide actions aimed at" impeaching President George W. Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney "through widespread public protest, creative dissent, media activism, education, and lobbying." See Impeach07.org.
The Impeach07 Campaign states in its email that:
- "Bush and Cheney have misled this nation into an aggressive war, spied in open violation of the law, and sanctioned the use of torture - among numerous other offenses. Newsweek reported in October  that a majority of Americans favor impeachment, and in January  that 58% said they wished the Bush administration were over. 'Only a great popular upheaval,' historian Howard Zinn said recently, 'can push both Republicans and Democrats into compliance with the national will.'
March on the Pentagon
On March 17, 2007, on the fourth anniversary of the beginning of "the Iraq war (and the 40th anniversary of the famous 1967 March on the Pentagon), Impeach07 will mobilize for a March on the Pentagon to demand peace and impeachment." See MarchOnPentagon.org.
After Downing Street Events
- On March 18-20, 2007, Impeach07 "will organize local events for peace and impeachment around the country." See AfterDowningStreet.org Events for details.
- "A 'Make Hip Hop, Not War' bus tour promoting peace and impeachment on March 19 - April 21, 2007." See HipHopCaucus.org.
- "A boycott of major corporations that are profiting from the Bush administration's policies, making a killing off of killing, on April 15- 22, 2007." See We Are Not Buying It.org.
- A "nationwide day of protest: Impeachment Day, April 28, 2007." See A28.org.
"Initial participating organizations represent hundreds of thousands of antiwar, military family, peace, youth and women activists and lawyers," including:
- After Downing Street
- Backbone Campaign
- Center for Constitutional Rights
- Citizens Impeachment Commission
- CODEPINK: Women for Peace
- Constitution Summer
- Consumers for Peace
- Democracy Rising
- Gold Star Families for Peace
- Green Party of the United States
- Hip Hop Caucus
- Impeach the President
- Military Free Zone
- National Lawyers Guild
- Patriotic Response to Renegade Government
- Progressive Democrats of America
- Independent Progressive Politics Network
- Velvet Revolution
- World Can't Wait: Drive Out the Bush Regime
Related SourceWatch Resources
- Bush administration (Includes links to numerous related articles)
- impeachable offenses
- The case for impeachment of President George W. Bush
Articles & Commentary
- Marcy Wheeler (emptywheel), "Indicting Dick," The Next Hurrah, February 19, 2007.
- David Swanson, "Impeach07 Campaign Launched," Democrats.com, American Chronicle, and OpEdNews, February 22, 2007.
- Evan Derkacz, "Impeach07 Campaign Launched," AlterNet, February 22, 2007: "David Swanson: Building state by state, the movement finally has an umbrella..."
- Craig Crawford, "Craig Crawford’s Trail Mix: Impeachment or Bust," CQ Politics.com / New York Times, February 23, 2007.
- "Congress Must Reauthorize Use of the Constitution," Associated Press (American Chronicle), February 24, 2007.
- Wil S. Hylton, "THE PEOPLE V. RICHARD CHENEY. Resolved, that Richard B. Cheney, vice president of the United States, should be impeached for high crimes and misdemeanors and that these articles of impeachment be submitted to the American people," GQ, March 2007.