James Lee Witt Associates
James Lee Witt Associates (JLWA), founded in 2001, is "a crisis and emergency management consulting firm based in Washington, DC with offices in Atlanta, Chicago, and Sacramento." JLWA says that it "has unrivaled experience and hands-on knowledge of public safety, disaster mitigation, continuity of operations, and emergency management issues. JLWA bridges government agencies and non-profits with industry and constituents, advises educational institutions, and assists state and local governments, as well as international bodies to prepare for and recover from disasters and crises. ... JLWA is comprised of two main practice areas: Crisis and Consequence Management and Strategic Advisory Services." 
"The JLWA staff includes seasoned crisis and emergency management leaders with significant experience in the public sector to provide consultation on key issues of public safety. The team is proficient in the details of emergency management, committed to the responsibility of the profession, and understands how crisis and emergency management work fits into a larger political and social climate." 
- James Lee Witt, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer
- Wesley Kanne Clark, Vice Chairman and Senior Advisor, Washington, DC
- Rodney E. Slater, Vice Chairman and Senior Advisor, Washington, DC
- Pate Felts, Chief Operating Officer, Washington, DC
- Mark C. Merritt, Senior Vice President & Partner, Atlanta, GA
- Barry W. Scanlon, Senior Vice President & Partner, Washington, DC
- Patrick J. Crawford, Director, Midwest Region, Chicago, IL
- Lennette Dease, Client Executive, Sacramento, CA
- Anneilia J. Holton-Williams, Director, Southeast Region
- Hal Hunnicutt, Director, Southwest Region, Little Rock, AR
- Nicole Malenfant Brode, Assistant to the Chairman and Deputy Chief of Staff
- Gloria B. Cabe, Special Assistant to the Vice Chairmen
- Michael J. Gaines, Vice President, Criminal Justice, Washington, DC
- Mike Ghilarducci, Vice President, Western Region, Sacramento, CA
- Laura J. Hagg, Client Executive, Washington, DC
- Alfredo F. Velasco, Senior Disaster Specialist, Atlanta, GA
Among JLWA's clients are:
- Complete Client List, JLWA website.
1201 F Street NW
Washington, DC 20004
Voice: 202 585-0780
Fax: 202 585-0792
Related SourceWatch Resources
- Federal Emergency Management Agency
- FEMA contractors
- government-industry revolving door
- Hurricane Katrina: FEMA
- Innovative Emergency Management
- Press Release: "IEM Team to Develop Catastrophic Hurricane Disaster Plan for New Orleans & Southeast Louisiana," Innovative Emergency Management, June 3, 2004.
- "In Case of Emergency. Officials hope eight days of intense training for a catastrophic hurricane will aid recovery efforts if the real thing ever hits," Times Picayune (New Orleans), July 20, 2004; posted on Louisiana Homeland Security & Emergency Preparedness website. re "Hurricane Pam."
- "Hurricane Pam Exercise," Louisiana Homeland Security & Emergency Preparedness (courtesy of FEMA), July 26, 2004.
- Jon Elliston, "Disaster in the making," The Independent Weekly, September 22, 2004: "As FEMA weathers a storm of Bush administration policy and budget changes, protection from natural hazards may be trumped by 'homeland security'."