Kınık power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
Kınık power station, also known as Eynez power station, is a proposed 691-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in İzmir province, Turkey.
The map below shows the location of Değirmencieli village, in Kınık district, İzmir province; the plant would apparently be built "on the outskirts of" the village.
Background on Plant
In 2011, Chinese company Zhejiang Provincial Energy Group and Turkish coal mining company Polat Madencilik applied to Turkey's Energy Market Regulatory Authority (EPDK) to build coal mining and coal-fired power plant operations in the Kınık district of Turkey's İzmir province. The two companies created the partnership Polyak Eynez Enerji for purposes of the project, and announced the project in September, stating that the project would be completed by 2016.
The environmental public consultation process for the plant began in 2013.
In 2014 it was reported that Polyak Eynez was planning to operate a colliery in Elmadere by 2017 and construct a power station in Değirmencieli by 2019.
In late 2017 it was reported that Polyak Eynez (now part owned by FİBA Group) would be investing 1 billion USD with the mine due 2018 and the 700 MW power plant 2021.
- Sponsor: Polyak Eynez
- Parent company: FİBA Group and Polat Madencilik
- Location: Değirmencieli village, in Kınık district, İzmir province, Turkey
- Coordinates: 39.084, 27.45 (approximate)
- Status: Pre-permit development
- Detailed status: prelicensed
- Gross capacity: 691 MW
- Type: Supercritical
- Projected in service: 2021
- Coal type: Lignite
- Coal source: Eynez coal mine, Turkey
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- İlk büyük Çin yatırımı yolda, Milliyet, Sept. 28, 2011.
- Detaylar: Polyak Eynez Enerji Üretim Madencilik Sanayi ve Ticaret Anonim Şirketi, EPDK website, accessed Apr. 2014.
- “Eynez Termik Santralı (647 MWe) ve Kül Depolama Tesisi” projesi, Ministry of Environment and Urban Planning website, accessed Apr. 2014.
- "Kınık'a 100 milyon euroluk yatırım," Yeni Asir, Aug 25, 2014
- "Madene ve santrale 1 milyar $ yatıracak," Ekonomist, Nov 21, 2017
- "Elektrik Piyasası Önlisansları,prelicence ÖN/5691-6/03317 expires July 2018" EMRA, accessed April 2018