Kahramanmaraş Anadolu power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
Kahramanmaraş Anadolu power station is a proposed 1,200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Kahramanmaraş province, Turkey.
The map below shows Afşin-Elbistan, the proposed location for the plant.
Background on Plant
Anadolu Enerji has proposed a 4 x 300 MW coal plant in Afşin-Elbistan.
The original EIA for the project was withdrawn by Anadolu Enerji in 2015, due to mass local community resistance. While opponents argued the EIA should be cancelled altogether, the project's sponsor submitted a new EIA in December 2017. At the evaluation and assessment meeting held in January 2018 as well as non-government objections the State Water Works continued to object to the dewatering of the region and the obstruction of irrigated agriculture. The company was given a year to resubmit the EIA.
- Sponsor: Anadolu Enerji
- Parent company: Ege Trade
- Location: Afşin-Elbistan, Kahramanmaraş province, Turkey
- Coordinates: 38.350818, 37.00706 (approximate)
- Status: Pre-permit development
- Gross capacity: 1,200 MW
- Projected in service:
- Coal type: Lignite
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "ANADOLU ENERJİ ÜRETİM SAN. ve TİC. A.Ş.," Ege Trade, accessed May 2016
- Elbistan’da termik santral projesinin ÇED’i onay almadı: Firmaya bir yıl ek süre verildi," Diken, Jan 4, 2018