|HELP CMD SHINE A LIGHT ON CORRUPTION!|
Thanks to a $50,000 challenge grant, your gift will be matched 1-to-1, so every dollar you give today will go twice as far!
Kalselteng-1 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Kalselteng-1 power station is a 200-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant that is under construction in Tumbang Kajuei, Gunung Mas Regency, Central Kalimantan, Indonesia.
The map below shows the approximate location of the project, in Central Kalimantan Province.
Background on Plant
This project is mentioned on Table 13 of the 2015-2024 PT PLN long range supply plan, scheduled for 2019 and 2020. It comprises two units of 100 MW each.
A PT PLN September 2015 list of companies expressing interest in mine-mouth IPP plants did not include any expressions of interest in the Kalselteng-1 plant.
On June 15, 2016, China's Dongfang Electric Corporation (DEC) signed an EPC Contract with PT DSSP Power (DSSP), a subsidiary of Indonesia's Sinar Mas Group, on construction of the plant, referred to as Kalteng-1.
In October 2017 it was announced that Sinar Mas's indirect subsidiary PT SKS Listrik Kalimantan (SLK) had begun construction of the plant, and expected it to be complete by 2019.
In December 2016 it was reported that funding for the plant of US$250 million was obtained from PT Bank Mandiri (Persero) Tbk, with the remaining US$87 million coming from Sinar Mas Group.
- Sponsor: PT SKS Listrik Kalimantan
- Parent company: Dongfang Electric Corporation, Sinar Mas Group
- Location: Tumbang Kajuei, Gunung Mas Regency, Central Kalimantan, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -1.6106582, 113.2635498 (approximate)
- Status: Construction
- Gross Capacity: 2 x 100 MW
- Type: Circulating fluidized bed
- Start date: 2019
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing: PT Bank Mandiri (Persero) Tbk, Sinar Mas Group
Articles and resources
- "Executive Summary: Electricity Supply Business Plan PT PLN (Persero) 2015-2024"
- "Daftar Peminat IPP PLTU Mulut Tambang," Satuan Pengadan IPP, September 2015
- "DEC Signed the EPC Contract of Indonesia Kalteng 2x100MW Coal-fired Power Plant," Dongfang, 20/07/2016
- Sinar Mas starts construction of 200 MW power plant in C. Kalimantan, The Jakarta Post, Oct. 17, 2017
- "Ini Target Perusahaan DSSA Milik Taipan Eka Tjipta Sinarmas 2017," Bisnis, Dec 14, 2016