Kevin Folta is professor and chairman of the horticultural sciences department at the University of Florida. In 2015, The New York Times reported on emails that showed Folta "part of an inner circle of industry consultants, lobbyists and executives who devised strategy on how to block state efforts to mandate G.M.O. labeling and, most recently, on how to get Congress to pass legislation that would pre-empt any state from taking such a step." Along with the story, the New York Times released dozens of Folta's emails for readers. 
Brooke Borel later reported for Buzzfeed that Folta created a "shady podcast" where he posed as "Vern Blazek" and interviewed himself, about himself.  Folta's podcast is sometimes guest hosted by Kavin Senapathy who also promotes GMOs.
Attacks on Reporters and GMO Critics
Folta maintains an aggressive posture against GMO critics, regularly attacking them on industry websites such as Science 2.0 and the Genetic Literacy Project. Targets of Folta include journalists Paul Thacker and Charles Seife, Canadian teenage activist Rachel Parent, and New York Times reporter Eric Lipton.
- University of Florida website, accessed February 2017, http://www.hos.ufl.edu/faculty/kmfolta
- Eric Lipton, New York Times, website, accessed Feb 2017, https://www.nytimes.com/2015/09/06/us/food-industry-enlisted-academics-in-gmo-lobbying-war-emails-show.html?_r=0
- Eric Lipton, New York Times, website, accessed Feb 2017, https://www.documentcloud.org/documents/2303691-kevin-folta-uoffloridadocs.html#document/p105/a238328
- Brooke Borel, Buzzfeed, website, accessed Feb 2017, https://www.buzzfeed.com/brookeborel/when-scientists-email-monsanto?utm_term=.bkNDoRWeoJ#.giyVEyoKE2
- Talking Biotech podcast, website, accessed September 2017, http://www.talkingbiotechpodcast.com/447/
- About Kevin M. Folta, accessed September 2017, http://www.science20.com/profile/kevin_m_folta
- Kevin Folta, accessed September 2017, https://geneticliteracyproject.org/author/kevin-folta-2/
- Kevin Folta, Genetic Literacy Project, website, accessed Sept 2017, https://geneticliteracyproject.org/2015/08/16/kevin-folta-responds-anti-gmo-foia-fiasco-plos-bungled-post-misrepresents-smoking-gun-email/
- Allison Vuchnich, Global News, website, accessed Sept 2017, http://globalnews.ca/news/2414720/documents-reveal-canadian-teenager-the-target-of-gmo-lobby/
- Paul Thacker, HuffPo, website, accessed Sept 2017, http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/keith-kloors-endearing-love-affair-with-gmos_us_596fc0c8e4b062ea5f8eea33