Kirazlıdere power complex
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Turkey and coal.|
Kirazlıdere power complex (also known as the Lapseki-Canakkale Thermal Power Plants or Filiz Kirazlidere Power Generation) is a 1320-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power complex proposed for Çanakkale province, Turkey.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant's site, which is near Güreci village, Lapseki district, Çanakkale province.
Background on Plant
Filiz Enerji (now a subsidiary of Yıldırım Group) applied in 2010 to build Kirazlıdere-1 and in 2012 the Kirazlıdere-2 coal-fired plants. Kirazlıdere received its construction license in March 2013 and Doğanlar planned to begin construction in 2014. However in 2013 lawsuits over the environmental impact of the project continued. In 2014 it was reported that the EIA for the power station had been cancelled, although the court case was still ongoing. The "final" Kirazlıdere EIA is dated 2017. In August 2017 many NGOs objected on health grounds, and claimed that emissions from the plant would exceed new EU limits.
Coal for the plant will be provided by YIlliak A.Ş., a Yıldırım Group company, from the YCCX coal mine company in Colombia. It will be shipped with a Newcastlemax ship capable of carrying 200,000 tons of freight at Yıldırım Shipping Inc., a Yıldırım Group company.
- Sponsor: Filiz Enerji (Filiz Kirazlıdere Enerji Üretim A.Ş.)
- Parent company: Yıldırım Group
- Location: Güreci village, Lapseki district, Çanakkale province, Turkey
- Coordinates: 40.38227, 26.99455 (exact)
- Status: Permitted
- Detailed status:
- Gross capacity: 1320 MW (2 x 660 MW); also described as 1600 MW (2 x 800 MW)
- Type: Ultra-supercritical
- Projected in service: 2019
- Coal type: Hard Coal
- Coal source: Columbia
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- HAKKIMIZDA, Filiz Enerji website, accessed Feb. 2018.
- Detaylar: Kirazlıdere Termik Santralı, EPDK website, accessed Apr. 2014.
- Detaylar: Kirazlıdere-2 Termik Santralı, EPDK website, accessed Apr. 2014.
- Kirazlıdere Termik Santrali and Kirazlıdere Termik Santrali-2, Kara Atlas, accessed Apr. 2014.
- Termik Santral Raporu Kabul Edildi, Haber3, Jan. 9, 2013.
- Doğtaş, Çanakkale'de iki ithal kömür santrali kuracak, Enerji Günlüğü, July 3, 2013.
- Kirazlıdere ve Karaburun'da keşif günü, Çanakkale Olay, Dec. 4, 2013.
- "Çanakkale'de ÇED kararı iptali," CNN Turk, Dec 1, 2014
- Communication with Greenpeace Mediterranean, accessed June 2015
- 17 sivil toplum kuruluşu itiraz etti: “Kirazlıdere Termik Santrali ölüm saçacak”, Sözcü, Aug. 18, 2017.
- "TEMİZ KÖMÜRLÜ SÜPER VERİMLİ VE ÇEVRECİ SANTRAL PROJESİ", Filiz Enerji website, accessed June 2018.
- "Projects", Yıldırım Energy website, accessed June 2018.