Lampunut coal project

From SourceWatch
Jump to: navigation, search

This article is part of the Coal Issues portal on SourceWatch, a project of CoalSwarm and the Center for Media and Democracy. See here for help on adding material to CoalSwarm.

This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal
Related articles:

The Lampunut coal project is a proposed open cut metallurgical and thermal coal deposit which is included in the umbrella IndoMet Coal Project (previously referred to as the Maruwai coal project) of BHP-Billiton. The IndoMet Coal Project is held by a joint venture in which BHP Billiton is a 75% shareholder and a subsidiary of Adaro hold the remaining 25% share.[1]

BHP Billiton stated that as of the end of 2009 the deposit had 72 million tonnes in a total resource of 110 million tonnes of metallurgical coal. A further 10 million tonnes of thermal coal resource has been identified.[1]

Articles and resources


Related SourceWatch articles

External resources

  • Dave Murray, President BHP Billiton Metallurgical Coal, Analysts and Investors Site Visit", Queensland, June 2, 2005. (See slides 62-68 "BHP Billiton Maruwai Coal Project" for an overview of the proposed project).

External articles