|HELP CMD SHINE A LIGHT ON CORRUPTION!|
Thanks to a $50,000 challenge grant, your gift will be matched 1-to-1, so every dollar you give today will go twice as far!
Lanco Amarkantak Thermal Power Project
Lanco Amarkantak Thermal Power Project is an existing 600-megawatt (MW) coal fired plant in Chhattisgarh, India, owned and operated by Lanco Infratech. Two additional units of 660 MW each are under construction at the same location.
According to the Broad Status Report, as of October 2016, "Presently no work is going at the site due to financial problems." The report also notes that land acquisition of land for water system is delayed, and that the schedule of implementation will be reassessed once work resumes.
China Development Bank gave US$200 million Buyers’ Credit for units 3 & 4 (1320 MW) of Lanco Amarkantak Thermal Power Project, the 1320 MW Babandh power station, and the 1320 MW Vidarbha thermal power station being developed by Lanco Group.
- Unit 1 - 300 MW - 2009
- Unit 2 - 300 MW - 2010
- Unit 3 - 660 MW
- Unit 4 - 660 MW
Project Details for Stage II Expansion
Location: Pathadi village, Korba district, Chhattisgarh
Coordinates: 22.2420932, 82.7247334 (exact)
Status: Construction on hold
Capacity: 1320 MW (Units 3-4: 660 MW)
Projected in service: 2017-2018
Estimated annual CO2: 7,806,085 tons
Source of financing: China Development Bank
Permits: Environmental Clearance extension for unit 4, India MoEF, June 22, 2015
Korba 495 674 Chhattisgarh, India
Phone No. +91-7759-279 938/ 915
Articles and Resources
- Planet slider comparison February - March 2018, retrieved May 2, 2018
- Lanco, "Amarkantak Power Project", Lanco website, accessed February 2012.
- MONTHLY REPORT ON BROAD STATUS OF THERMAL POWER PROJECTS IN THE COUNTRY, Ministry of Power, February 2012
- Lanco Amarkantak (Pathadi) Coal Power Plant India, Global Energy Observatory, accessed December 2011
- "Lanco Amarkantak Thermal Power Station: Summary of Proposed Investment", International Finance Corporation website, accessed February 2012.
- "Lanco Amarkantak Power Ltd,", Lanco website, accessed Sep 2015
- "Coal-Fired Plants Financed by International Public Investment Institutions Since 1994", Appendix to Foreclosing the Future: Coal, Climate and International Public Finance: Investment in coal-fired power plants hinders the fight against global warming, Environmental Defense, April 2009.
- "Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country," India CEA, November 2015
- "Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country," India CEA, July 2016
- "Monthly Report on Broad Status of Thermal Power Projects in the Country," Government of India Ministry of Power, October 2016
- "Lanco Infratech to raise US$2 billion from Chinese banks and FIs for power projects," Lanco press release, Nov 26, 2012
Related SourceWatch articles
- Tata Power
- Tata Ultra Mega
- India and nuclear power
- U.S.- India Civil Nuclear Cooperation Initiative
- Global use and production of coal
- Proposed coal plants in India