Ledvice Power Station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Czech Republic and coal.|
Ledvice power station is a coal-fired power plant in the Czech Republic.
The undated satellite photo below shows the power station, near the towns of Teplice and Bilina.
Background on plant
The power station is owned and operated by the CEZ Group. Construction began in 1966, and the power station was commissioned in 1969. The original power output was 640 megawatt (MW) comprising five power production units: B1 – 200 MW, B2 – 110 MW, B3 – 110 MW, B4 – 110 MW, B5 – 110 MW.
Unit 1 was closed in February 1994 and Unit 5 in December 1998. Two more units will stop operations when the new unit 6 comes online.
Unit 6 expansion
Test operation of the unit began in 2015 and is planned for completion in 2016, although as of October 2016 the 2016 planned completion date does not look feasible, with the new block having technical difficulties and still being tested.
Since 2017 the unit has been undergoing a two-year test run, and will be operational in 2019.
Project Details of Unit 6
- Sponsor: CEZ
- Parent company:
- Location: Ledvice, Ustecky, Czech Republic
- Coordinates: 50.57658,13.779761 (exact)
- Status: Construction
- Capacity: 660 MW
- Type: Supercritical
- Start date: 2019
- Coal Type: Lignite
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Resources and articles
- "The Ledvice Power Station" CEZ Group, accessed October 31, 2012.
- "Case stories: Ledvice power plant," Hempel.com, accessed May 2014.
- "Successful construction with PERI" PERI, accessed September 24, 2012.
- "The Ledvice Power Station" CEZ Group, accessed September 24, 2012.
- "CEZ says Ledvice coal plant opening delayed" Reuters, August 16, 2012.
- "CEZ sees Ledvice power station unit finished in Q2 2015," Reuters, Oct 22, 2014
- "UPDATE 1-CEZ expects net profit to drop 35 percent this year," Reuters Africa, Mar 15, 2016
- "Press conference on CEZ Group financial results," ČEZ Group, Mar 15, 2016
- "TISKOVÁ KONFERENCE K VÝSLEDK ŮM HOSPODA ŘENÍ SKUPINY," ČEZ, 2016
- "V novém nadkritickém bloku elektrárny Ledvice začal dvouletý zkušební provoz," Oenergetice, November 21, 2017
Related SourceWatch articles
Europe and coal
- Austria and coal
- Belgium and coal
- Bulgaria and coal
- France and coal
- Germany and coal
- Greece and coal
- Hungary and coal
- Italy and coal
- Norway and coal
- Poland and coal
- Slovakia and coal
- United Kingdom and coal